Clifford Chance, London
Practice area Litigation & dispute resolution
Sector Banks, Energy & resources, Media, Oil & gas, Power & energy networks, Telecommunications, media & technology
Simon Davis is a Commercial Litigation Partner with more than 30 years experience of effective dispute avoidance and resolution.
Simon resolves the problems of a range of corporates and financial institutions, whether they be internal, involving directors and shareholders, or external, with regulators or trading partners.
- Magdalen College, Oxford (MA) 1977
- Articled at Clifford-Turner 1982
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1984
- Partner since 1994
- Recruitment Partner between 1995 and 2000
- Simon is a former President of the London Solicitors Litigation Association, member of the Council of the Law Society, Committee member of the City of London Law Society, member of the Court of Appeal Mediation Panel and an accredited CEDR mediator.
- Simon Davis is ranked No 1 in Litigation in The Chambers 100 Guide, this is a list of the 100 best business lawyers drawn from the top bands in the Chambers UK guide for 2013. The guide lists Efficiency and responsiveness and Communication skills as Simon's key strengths. Clients comment that Simon is "Hugely astute, commercially savvy, very smooth touch but an iron tactical fist within the velvet glove. Good lawyer, great client care."
- Sources describe Simon Davis as an "exceptional talent who fights for his clients". He recently acted for a major corporate in a high-profile takeover panel inquiry.
- Interviewees agree that Simon Davis is "a real guru in the industry", who "has a wonderful commercial focus". They further add that "it would seem that there is no dispute that he cannot resolve". His practice covers an impressive breadth of commercial litigation.
- The "disarmingly charming" Simon Davis is "the complete package", with "great intelligence as well as experience". Clients praise him as an "outstanding" lawyer who is "excellent at strategic advice and tactical litigation. He is smart, proactive and very good at handling clients."
- "Widely respected as one of the leaders of the field, Simon Davis continues to excel in this area, and constantly impresses with his client-oriented service. He continues to assist Standard & Poor's with a wide range of regulatory and litigation issues in the UK and Europe."
Litigation privilege limited
10 May 2017
Legal advice privilege: who is the client?
12 December 2016
LIBOR-based defences rejected by the court
4 March 2016
New Defamation Act makes it harder for companies to sue
2 January 2014
Implementing Lord Justice Jackson's proposals for the civil courts: the bear necessities
31 March 2011
New defamation consultation published for England and Wales
16 March 2011