Sachin Trikha has a particular focus on international commercial arbitration disputes arising in the energy, infrastructure and oil & gas sectors.
Sachin's experience includes advising on ICC, LCIA and LMAA disputes. He has a particular interest in commercial remedies arising from complex breach of contract claims. He has written articles, and spoken at a variety of conferences, on international arbitration procedure.
Sachin is also a tutor of international commercial arbitration at King's College, London.
- Advising a major Korean corporation in a USD 2 billion ICC arbitration arising in connection with the generation and construction of a major real estate project
- Advising a major oil & gas company in a USD 1 billion ad hoc arbitration arising in connection with a joint venture dispute in Africa
- Advising a multinational power company in a SIAC administered arbitration concerning the performance of equipment in a power plant in Pakistan
- Advising the prime contractor in LCIA arbitration proceedings related to a series of claims concerning the construction of a nuclear power plant in the Middle East
- Advising a Brazilian supplier in LCIA arbitration proceedings relating to non-payment for zinc products
- Advising a contractor in an LMAA arbitration concerning various breach of contract and restitutionary claims arising from the construction of an oil & gas semi-submersible platform
- Advising a shareholder in a joint venture dispute related to a cement factory in Kenya
- Advising a major US defence contractor in a USD 1 billion dispute against the UK government in connection with the wrongful termination of an IT infrastructure project
- Advising a major energy supplier on a number of disputed contract changes arising out of an offshore wind farm project
- Advising the builder on a large-scale dispute relating to the design and construction of two oil & gas jack-up drilling platforms in the UAE
- Advising an investor in a breach of contract claim in the context of a large scale housing project in Maharashtra, India
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- London School of Economics (LLB, Top First) 2006
- Joined Clifford Chance 2007
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2009
- University of Oxford (BCL, Distinction) 2014
- Solicitor Advocate (Higher Rights of Audience – Civil Proceedings) 2014
- Partner since May 2021
- LCIA Young Arbitration Practitioners (YIAG)
- ICC Young Arbitration Forum (YAF)