Nicola Wherity has wide experience in general corporate banking, structured finance, debt and equity fund finance and restructurings.
Nicola advises the Loan Market Association on their primary and leveraged loan documentation and so is at the forefront of developments in the syndicated loan market.
- Royal Mail's IPO facility
- The provision of credit facilities for Nestlé
- The restructuring of Independent News & Media
- ABB's acquisition of Thomas & Betts
Clifford Chance advises on US$600 million revolving and term loan facility for AerCap
12 January 2016
Sustainability Linked Loans - The Star Performer of The Loan Markets?
14 November 2019
Growing the Green Economy: Addressing the Sustainability Challenges and Opportunities
31 July 2019
The digital future of syndicated loans
10 June 2019
Proposed new UK national security and investment regime – implications for loans and related collateral
3 October 2018
EU Legislative Measures for Non-Performing Loans - Impact on the Loan Markets: New Regulation of Loan Transfers, Non-Bank Lenders and Facility Agents
23 April 2018
Career and qualifications
- University of Nottingham (LLB) 1990
- Joined Clifford Chance 1992
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1994
- Seconded to Hong Kong 1995
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong 1996
- Partner since 2003
Awards and citations
- Nicola is "practical, very clear in getting her thoughts across, very commercial and market-aware, and hard-working," according to impressed sources.
Chambers UK 2014: Banking & Finance: London Firms
- Peers emphasise Nicola Wherity as someone who is great to work across from, with one source noting: "She always wows me. She is a complete standout for me; the overall package is great."
Chambers Global 2013: Banking & Finance: London