Mark Poulton has over 25 years’ experience in corporate mergers and demergers, acquisitions and disposals, restructurings, structured financings and joint ventures, particularly in the energy, TMT and real estate sectors.
Mark co-leads the firm’s India-related M&A focus.
- HM Government on its £100 million investment to scale up Covid-19 vaccine and gene therapy manufacturing capability in the UK
- WEX on the $1.7 billion acquisition of Optal and eNett
- Tyson Foods on its acquisition of the Thai and European businesses from BRF S.A
- Provident Financial plc on its successful defence of Non-Standard Finance's takeover bid
- Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy in connection with Bombardier Plc's proposed sale of their Northern Ireland business and the associated government investment contracts
- Provident Financial plc on its strategic review and resulting £331 million rights issue, and related £85 million bridge facility and bank consents
- McLaren Group in relation to the buyout of Ron Dennis from McLaren Automotive and McLaren Technology Group for £275 million
- BBVA on a subscription of new shares in Atom Bank plc, the UK's first app-only digital bank
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Joined Clifford Chance 1988
- Partner since 1997