Mark Poulton has over 25 years’ experience in corporate mergers and demergers, acquisitions and disposals, restructurings, structured financings and joint ventures, particularly in the energy, TMT and real estate sectors.
Mark co-leads the firm’s India-related M&A focus.
- Johnson Matthey's disposal of its research chemicals business, Alfa Aesar, across China, Germany, India, South Korea, the UK and the US
- GIC on its purchase of a 50% interest in London’s Broadgate Estate from certain Blackstone Real Estate funds and related joint venture arrangements with British Land
- Canary Wharf Group in relation to the GBP£4.8 billion public takeover by the QIA and Brookfield
- Deutsche Bank in relation to the restructuring and subsequent sale of Actavis, a leading global generics business
- EdF on joint venturing the development of the new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point, Somerset (Hinkley Point C)
- Co-op in relation to the ultimately unsuccessful acquisition of 632 Lloyds TSB bank branches in the UK
- British Energy Group in relation to strategic review, auction process and ultimately GBP£12.5 billion public takeover by Electricité de France including HM Government stake
Brexit - where are we now?
9 May 2019
Rate Expectations: Transitioning away from LIBOR - practical guidance for corporate treasurers
1 May 2019
Brexit - UK Parliament rejects Withdrawal Agreement for third time. What happens next?
29 March 2019
Preparing for an imminent Brexit: potential disputes under commercial contracts
31 January 2019
Brexit Update - EU 'No Deal' contingency planning
28 January 2019