Mark Poulton has over 25 years’ experience in corporate mergers and demergers, acquisitions and disposals, restructurings, structured financings and joint ventures, particularly in the energy, TMT and real estate sectors.
Mark co-leads the firm’s India-related M&A focus.
- Johnson Matthey's disposal of its research chemicals business, Alfa Aesar, across China, Germany, India, South Korea, the UK and the US
- GIC on its purchase of a 50% interest in London’s Broadgate Estate from certain Blackstone Real Estate funds and related joint venture arrangements with British Land
- Canary Wharf Group in relation to the GBP£4.8 billion public takeover by the QIA and Brookfield
- Deutsche Bank in relation to the restructuring and subsequent sale of Actavis, a leading global generics business
- EdF on joint venturing the development of the new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point, Somerset (Hinkley Point C)
- Co-op in relation to the ultimately unsuccessful acquisition of 632 Lloyds TSB bank branches in the UK
- British Energy Group in relation to strategic review, auction process and ultimately GBP£12.5 billion public takeover by Electricité de France including HM Government stake
Clifford Chance advises Tyson Foods on its acquisition of the Thai and European businesses from BRF S.A.
13 June 2019
Clifford Chance advised Provident Financial on its successful defence of Non-Standard Finance's takeover bid
6 June 2019
Clifford Chance advise Provident Financial plc in relation to a strategic review and resulting £331 million rights issue
27 February 2018
Clifford Chance advises McLaren Group on the combination of McLaren Automotive and McLaren Technology Group
20 July 2017