Jenine Hulsmann specialises in competition law and regulation, with a particular focus on the TMT, energy and infrastructure sectors.
Jenine advises on competition and regulatory issues in the context of a broad range of M&A transactions (including private equity), joint ventures, commercial agreements, regulatory investigations and contentious matters. She was previously seconded to the UK telecommunications regulator for 12 months.
- Inmarsat on its acquisition by Triton Bidco for £2.6 billion
- Tele2 on the merger of its Dutch operation Tele2 Netherlands with T-Mobile Netherlands, the dutch subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom
- EE and Deutsche Telekom in obtaining unconditional clearance of the GBP£12.5 billion acquisition of EE by BT Group plc following a Phase 2 investigation by the CMA
- NBCUniversal on the Competition Commission inquiry into movies on pay TV
- An energy company on an investigation by Ofgem and the Financial Conduct Authority into allegations regarding gas price manipulation
News and client work
Global M&A Toolkit
Career and qualifications
- University of Queensland (BA Economics) 1990
- University of Osaka (MA Economics) 1993
- St Anne's College, Oxford (BA Jurisprudence) 1995
- Joined Clifford Chance 1996
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1998
- Partner since 2007
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Competition Law Committee of the City of London Law Society
Awards and citations
- "Technically very good and very commercial. She helps us to come to a solution"
Chambers UK 2018 (Competition/European Law)
- "She is very good and a very hard worker."
Chambers UK 2016 (Competition/European Law)
- Identified as a leading individual in Legal 500 UK 2017 for EU and Competition