Iain Hunter specialises in domestic and international equity capital markets and markets facing transactions, including domestic and cross-border public M&A/takeovers, acting for investment banks and corporate clients.
Iain spent 3 years in the Dubai office where he led the market leading regional ECM business.
In addition to his continuing Middle East focus, Iain is a leading adviser in the UK primary and secondary equity markets, where he has particular experience in the financial institutions sector.
- Advised Deutsche Bank and JP Morgan on the premium London listing and subsequent equity placing and Open Offer for Phoenix Group and related total return swaps with Och Ziff
- Advised Morgan Stanley and Citi on the Glencore/Xstrata merger
- Advised DP World on its USD$10.8 billion London Premium listing and original NASDAQ Dubai listing to achieve dual listed status
- Advised AZ Electronic Materials (and major shareholders Carlyle and Vestar) on its USD$1.46 billion IPO and premium London Listing
News and client work
Global M&A Toolkit
- Iain highlights some of the finance, regulatory and corporate by-products of regulatory change for corporates (July 2012)
Career and qualifications
- Sheffield University 1988
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1992
- Freshfields in London and Singapore 1990
- Partner since 2000
- The Law Society of England and Wales
Awards and citations
- Iain Hunter is commended for his work, and he regularly assists both Dubai-based issuers and financial institutions on London listings.
Chambers 2013: United Arab Emirates, Capital Markets: Equity (Experts Based Abroad) (Spotlight Table)
- Iain Hunter advises on equity capital markets from the firm's London office. As part of a London-UAE team, he acted for the underwriters Deutsche Bank, Numis Securities and SHUAA Capital on the NMC Health IPO.
Chambers 2013 Middle East-wide Capital Markets: Equity (Band 2)
- London-based Iain Hunter is commended for his work, and he regularly assists both Dubai-based issuers and financial institutions on London listings. For example, he advised DP World on its London listing.
Chambers UK 2013 Capital Markets: Equity (Foreign Experts) (Spotlight Table)
- Ranked as a Leading Lawyer
IFLR 1000 2013: Capital Markets, Equity
- Iain has been recognised by Chambers Global Legal directory as "excellent" and by Legal500 as "blessed with strength of character".