Iain Hunter specialises in domestic and international equity capital markets and markets facing transactions, including domestic and cross-border public M&A/takeovers, acting for investment banks and corporate clients.
Iain spent 3 years in the Dubai office where he led the market leading regional ECM business.
In addition to his continuing Middle East focus, Iain is a leading adviser in the UK primary and secondary equity markets, where he has particular experience in the financial institutions sector.
- Advised Deutsche Bank and JP Morgan on the premium London listing and subsequent equity placing and Open Offer for Phoenix Group and related total return swaps with Och Ziff
- Advised Morgan Stanley and Citi on the Glencore/Xstrata merger
- Advised DP World on its USD$10.8 billion London Premium listing and original NASDAQ Dubai listing to achieve dual listed status
- Advised AZ Electronic Materials (and major shareholders Carlyle and Vestar) on its USD$1.46 billion IPO and premium London Listing
Clifford Chance advises Jupiter Fund Management plc on the acquisition of Merian Global Investors Limited for £370 million
19 February 2020
Clifford Chance advises Huatai Securities on its historic London GDR listing under the new Shanghai-London Stock Connect scheme
20 June 2019
Clifford Chance advises on the IPO of Network International – the largest London IPO this year, largest London tech IPO since 2015 and largest Middle East and Africa (MEA) IPO globally since 2014
18 April 2019
Clifford Chance advises EJF Capital on its first publicly traded fund
30 May 2017
Clifford Chance advises Menulog Group on AUD$855 million acquisition by Just Eat
12 May 2015
Clifford Chance advising Cinven and Carlyle on sale of 7.5 million shares in Altice
25 November 2014
Clifford Chance advises DP World on proposed US$2.6 billion acquisition of Economic Zones World FZE and proposed delisting from the London Stock Exchange
18 November 2014
Clifford Chance advises on AA's IPO
27 June 2014
Global M&A Toolkit
- Iain highlights some of the finance, regulatory and corporate by-products of regulatory change for corporates (July 2012)
Career and qualifications
- Sheffield University 1988
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1992
- Freshfields in London and Singapore 1990
- Partner since 2000
- The Law Society of England and Wales
Awards and citations
- Iain Hunter is commended for his work, and he regularly assists both Dubai-based issuers and financial institutions on London listings.
Chambers 2013: United Arab Emirates, Capital Markets: Equity (Experts Based Abroad) (Spotlight Table)
- Iain Hunter advises on equity capital markets from the firm's London office. As part of a London-UAE team, he acted for the underwriters Deutsche Bank, Numis Securities and SHUAA Capital on the NMC Health IPO.
Chambers 2013 Middle East-wide Capital Markets: Equity (Band 2)
- London-based Iain Hunter is commended for his work, and he regularly assists both Dubai-based issuers and financial institutions on London listings. For example, he advised DP World on its London listing.
Chambers UK 2013 Capital Markets: Equity (Foreign Experts) (Spotlight Table)
- Ranked as a Leading Lawyer
IFLR 1000 2013: Capital Markets, Equity
- Iain has been recognised by Chambers Global Legal directory as "excellent" and by Legal500 as "blessed with strength of character".