David Lewis specialises in mergers & acquisitions and equity capital markets transactions with a primary focus on the natural resources sector. David studied Land Economy and Law at Downing College in Cambridge between 1988 and 1992. He qualified as a solicitor in 1996.
David is co-head of the Firm's Mining and Metals group.
- Inmarsat on its acquisition by Triton Bidco for £2.6 billion
- Advised Glencore on its US $1.35 billion acquisition of Caracal Energy Inc.
- Advised a major shareholder in respect of the takeover of Archipelago Resources a gold mining company with assets in Indonesia
- Advised a precious metals company with assets in sub-Saharan Africa on its London IPO
- Advised the underwriters on the IPO of Glencore International, the largest IPO in Europe ever
- Advised Dominion Petroleum on its takeover by Ophir Energy
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Downing College, Cambridge 1992
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1996
- Joined Clifford Chance 2000
- Partner since 2003
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Charity "It's Your Life"