David Bickerton leads our public sector practice in the UK.
David specialises in capital markets and infrastructure and has worked on significant infrastructure financings across the EMEA Region, advising funders, issuers, guarantors, sponsors and governments.
- Advised the initial purchasers (BNP Paribas and Goldman Sachs International) on EUR550 million debut high yield green bonds issuance by Getlink SE (holding company of the operator of the Channel Tunnel between England and France)
- Advised the United Kingdom Debt Management Office on £3,250 million 01/8% index-linked Treasury Gilts
- Advised Energias de Portugal on EDP Finance BV's inaugural issue of EUR600 million green bonds due 2025
- Advises Transport for London on its Treasury matters
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Downing College, Cambridge (BA Law) 1986
- Joined Clifford Chance 1987
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1989
- Partner since 1997
- Regional Managing Partner, London 2009 - 2017
Awards and citations
- Leading individual in Chambers UK 2018, Legal 500 UK 2018 and IFLR 1000 2019
- Featured in Legal 500 Hall of Fame 2018 for Debt Capital Markets