Christopher Sullivan specialises in cross-border private M&A, with a particular focus on private equity transactions.
Christopher advises international and domestic private equity houses, financial sponsors and corporates on a wide range of matters, including leveraged buyouts, acquisitions and disposals, takeovers, mergers, joint ventures, IPOs, restructurings and refinancings. He is listed as a dealmaker in The Lawyer Hot 100 2018.
Christopher has particular experience in the financial services and healthcare sectors. In addition, Christopher advises on private equity real estate and infrastructure investing.
- Mastercard International Incorporated on its USD$3.19 billion acquisition of Nets' account-to-account payments business
- Blackstone and Kirkbi on the £1.1 billion sale of Armacell, a Luxembourg/Germany-based global business manufacturing and distributing insulation and fibre products
- Blackstone on its acquisition of NEC Group
- Blackstone on its acquisition of a majority stake in The Office Group
- Cinven and CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of NewDay
- Elliott on its acquisition of a controlling stake in Waterstones and subsequently on the acquisition of Foyles, by Waterstones
- IFM on its acquisition of a 50% interest in Impala together with Trafigura
- Cinven on its EUR€1.3 billion acquisition of Labco
- Cinven on its EUR€1.7 billion acquisition Synlab from BC Partners
- Coor Service Management and Cinven on Coor's SEK 3.6 billion IPO
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- St Anne's College, Oxford University (MA Hons, Modern History & Politics) 2004
- Joined Clifford Chance as trainee solicitor 2006
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2008
- Partner since 2016
Awards and citations
- Featured in PEI's Future 40 list