Charles Cochrane is a Partner in the Finance Practice.
Charles has wide experience of both UK and cross-border financing transactions with particular experience in leveraged transactions, acquisition finance, restructuring and syndicated lending.
- Advising the lead arrangers on the euro equivalent of 1.97 billion senior facilities financing BC Partner's acquisition of Springer Science and Business Media
- Acting for the lead arrangers on the USD$1.44 billion syndicated facility for Gold Fields
- Advising the lenders on the GBP£1.3 billion restructuring of the Quinn Group
Clifford Chance advises on €1.55 billion debt refinancing for SIG Combibloc
24 June 2020
Clifford Chance advises KfW on the implementation of the corona programme "direct investments for syndicated financing"
20 April 2020
Clifford Chance advises AELA Group on portfolio financing for three wind farms in Chile
7 September 2017
Career and qualifications
- University College, Oxford (BA Jurisprudence) 1990, (BCL) 1992
- Joined Clifford Chance 1992
- Admitted as solicitor in England & Wales 1994
- Partner since 2002
- Member of City of London Law Society Financial Law Committee
Awards and citations
- Charles is ranked in the top band by Chambers for Banking and Finance work and listed by the Legal 500 as a leading individual for Acquisition Finance.
- Charles Cochrane has a "massive intellectual capability, and the uncanny ability to think one step ahead," earning him the moniker "two-brains" from one admiring client.
Chambers UK 2013
- Sources highlight him as a go-to person for highly complex and demanding situations that require a creative solution
- Charles Cochrane is regularly at the forefront of the team’s most complex mandates.
Legal 500 2013