Antony Single specialises in finance and banking law. His areas of practice include corporate lending, restructuring, Islamic finance and asset finance.
Antony also leads the Middle East Asset Finance practice advising all aspects of asset finance and leasing, including aircraft, ship, rolling stock and defence assets, and is the UAE contributing editor to Aircraft Finance.
- advising HSBC and FGB as joint co-ordinators of US$750 million syndicated secured financing for Waha Capital
- advising on the AED3.4 billion refinancing of an Abu Dhabi based hotel group
- advising for the issuer in relation to its US$587,500,000 144A/Reg S Enhanced Equipment Trust Certificate programme for the acquisition of 4 A380-800 aircraft to be leased by Emirates
- advising in relation to the UAE armed forces funding programmes for C-17A Globemaster III Aircraft, MRTT air-to-air refuelling tanker aircraft and Pilatus PC21 trainer aircraft using a combination of commercial debt and export credit supported debt
Clifford Chance advises Saudia Aerospace Engineering Industries on an aerospace and defence joint venture
17 September 2015
- Clifford Chance, London
- Email me
- Save my Vcard
- Practice area Islamic finance , Banking & finance
- Sector Banks , Power & energy networks , Aviation , Sovereign wealth , Aerospace & defence , Transport & logistics , Oil & gas , Transportation infrastructure , Capital goods , Logistics , Materials , Industrials , Shipping
Career and qualifications
- Joined Clifford Chance 2001
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2001
- Secondment 2004/2005 with a major aircraft lessor
- Abu Dhabi office since 2010
- Partner since 2014
- Member of the Law Society of England & Wales
Awards and citations
- Antony Single – Leading Lawyer
Chambers Global 2016: Banking & Finance – UAE (Up & Coming)
- Antony Single leads the Middle East asset finance practice. Clients note that he is "very strong in aircraft finance; he is technical, approachable and knows his stuff."
Chambers Global 2016: Banking & Finance – UAE
- Robin Abraham heads the team, which includes Abu Dhabi based Mohamed Hamra-Krouha and newly promoted partner and asset finance specialist Antony Single.
Legal 500 2015: Banking & Finance – UAE
- International Who's Who of Business Lawyers 2014