Anthony Stewart specialises in taxation with a particular focus on investment funds and structured investment products.
Anthony advises on the taxation of investment funds generally, including private equity funds, real estate funds, UK authorised funds, investment trusts and other listed investment companies and hedge funds. He also specialises in structuring of co-investment schemes and carried interest arrangements, and cross-border investment structuring for corporate and real estate transactions.
Clifford Chance advises Stirling Square on raising €950 million in relation to its Fourth Fund
11 February 2020
Green technologies for a cleaner and healthier future: Clifford Chance advises Zouk Capital LLP on the establishment of the UK Government backed £400m Charging Infrastructure Investment Fund (CIIF)
20 September 2019
Clifford Chance advises Invision on closing of INVISION VI FUND at the hardcap of €375 million
7 March 2019
Clifford Chance advises ICG Strategic Equity on portfolio acquisition in conjunction with the MBO of Standard Chartered Bank's Private Equity Unit
18 December 2018
Clifford Chance advises Marshall Wace on the formation of a long-term strategic partnership with KKR
9 September 2015
Private Equity Exits – a practical guide
20 December 2011
Career and qualifications
- Joined Clifford Chance 1995
- Admitted as solicitor in England & Wales 1997
- Partner since 2005
- A member of the British Venture Capital Association Tax Committee
Awards and citations
- "Anthony Stewart is "professional, organised, and approaches negotiations with the other side very well." He recently advised on the formation of Equistone Partners Europe, following an MBO and subsequent spin-out from Barclays Private Equity."
Chambers UK 2013, Tax
- Anthony Stewart is another popular choice with clients, who say "he is able to make the complicated simple."