Anthony Stewart specialises in taxation with a particular focus on investment funds and structured investment products.
Anthony advises on the taxation of investment funds generally, including private equity funds, real estate funds, UK authorised funds, investment trusts and other listed investment companies and hedge funds. He also specialises in structuring of co-investment schemes and carried interest arrangements, and cross-border investment structuring for corporate and real estate transactions.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Joined Clifford Chance 1995
- Admitted as solicitor in England & Wales 1997
- Partner since 2005
- A member of the British Venture Capital Association Tax Committee
Awards and citations
- "Anthony Stewart is "professional, organised, and approaches negotiations with the other side very well." He recently advised on the formation of Equistone Partners Europe, following an MBO and subsequent spin-out from Barclays Private Equity."
Chambers UK 2013, Tax
- Anthony Stewart is another popular choice with clients, who say "he is able to make the complicated simple."