Adrian Cohen joined Clifford Chance in 1990 and has been a partner in the firm's banking and finance practice since 1998.
Adrian specialises in all aspects of corporate restructuring and insolvency law, advising sponsors, debtors, lenders, commercial counterparties and insolvency officeholders.
- Advising Co-operative Bank P.L.C. on its current capital and financial restructuring
- Advising Lloyds Bank and the administrators of various companies within the Opal Property Group on facilities totalling circa GBP£100 million of debt and the disposal of a number of real estate interests
- Advising Dubai World Dry Docks on the multi-jurisdictional restructuring of USD$2.2 billion of bank debt
- Advising Citibank on the administration and pre-pack sale of the international music business the EMI group and the restructuring of circa £3.2 billion of bank debt
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- London School of Economics & Political Science
- Queen Mary and Westfield College, London (LLB) 1985, (LLM) 1987
- Called to the Bar 1988
- Barrister at law 1988-1990
- Joined Clifford Chance 1990 and Insolvency Group 1991
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1996
- Partner since 1998
- Law Society
- Insolvency lawyers Association
Awards and citations
- Adrian Cohen is described as an "authoritative adviser on complex, large, multi-bank restructurings." He continues to impress peers, with one describing him as "calm and unflappable – he did a great job!"
Restructuring/Insolvency: UK - Chambers Global 2013