Iñigo Villoria specialises in insolvency law and financial litigation. He has been giving advice to multinational and Spanish companies in all areas of law related to commercial litigation and arbitration.
Iñigo leads the Insolvency & Restructuring Area in the Madrid office, working for both creditors and debtors in insolvency proceedings, debt restructuring, and in deals for the sale and purchase of assets in insolvent companies. He is a specialist in legal defence in claw back actions and matters related to the classification of insolvency.
- Martinsa-Fadesa: Advising various financial institutions, including two of the five most important credit entities according to volume of liabilities, with direct involvement in the negotiation of the agreement
- Advising Lábaro Grupo Inmobiliario, S.A., as the insolvent debtor, in one of the most important insolvency cases brought forth to date in respect of the initial assets and liabilities (in excess of 1 billion euros)
- Air Comet/Marsans: Advising one of the main creditors of the group and the lessors of the aircraft. Providing legal defence against rescissory actions
- Active role in the refinancing process of companies like Colonial, Metrovacesa, La Seda , Eroski and others, advising borrowers or creditors
- He is a lecturer in several Insolvency Law programmes (CEU, Universidad Autónoma) and a regular contributor to specialist journals and the financial media on these matters
- He is the author of several books and coordinator of the Memento Concursal
Career and qualifications
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas (Law) 1993
- ICADE (Business Management) 1993
- Admitted as an Abogado in Madrid 1995
- Valeriano Hernández Abogados 1996
- Partner since 2009
Awards and citations
- KEY INDIVIDUALS Sources are unanimous in their praise of Iñigo Villoria, describing him as "someone who keeps his cool in stressful situations." His client portfolio includes major names from the real estate and aviation sectors.
Chambers & Partners Spain, Restructuring/Insolvency (Band 1)
- Iñigo Villoria enjoys a highly respected insolvency and financial litigation practice. Sources highlight his client-friendly manner and strong performance in court, saying he is "available, attentive and a really great pleader."
Chambers & Partners Spain, Dispute Resolution (Band 4)