Philipp Klöckner specialises in capital markets and public M&A transactions as well as in general capital markets, securities and corporate law matters.
Philipp has extensive experience in advising clients on IPOs (including dual track transactions), rights offerings, accelerated primary and/or secondary share offerings and block trades.
Philipp’s practice encompasses the full range of capital markets compliance and ongoing post-listing obligations (including voting rights notifications, insider trading, ad hoc publicity, managers’ transactions and other MAR matters) as well as corporate governance matters and shareholders’ meetings.
Philipp has gained experience in a number of industries, including automotive, banking, manufacturing, real estate and special chemicals.
- Instone Real Estate Group on its €430 million international private placements and listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (Prime Standard) (dual track transaction), followed by the first ever cross-border change of legal form of a listing company into an German Stock Corporation (Aktiengesellschaft) *
- TLG Immobilien on its €450 million public exchange offer to all shareholders of WCM *
- Vonovia on its €2.3 billion rights issue *
- IVG Immobilien's subsidiary OFFICEFIRST Immobilien on its contemplated €800 million IPO and €3.3 billion trade sale to Blackstone (dual track transaction) *
- Rocket Internet on its €1.4 billion IPO and listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (General Standard) and subsequent uplisting to the Frankfurt Stock Exchange's Prime Standard sub-segment *
- Vonovia (formerly Deutsche Annington) on its IPO and listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (Prime Standard) *
- Evonik Industries on international private placements and initial listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (Prime Standard) *
- LEG Immobilien on its €1.3 billion IPO and listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (Prime Standard) *
- The underwriters of Commerzbank’s €11 billion rights issue *
- Orion Carbon Black on its €600 million Rule 144A and Reg S high yield bond offering *
* matter handled at previous firm
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Law (First State Exam) 2006
- District Court (Landgericht) Koblenz, Trainee Lawyer (Rechtsreferendar) (Second State Exam) 2008
- Admitted as Rechtsanwalt in Germany 2008
- University of Münster (LL.M.) 2009
- Associate, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP 2009
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner in May 2019