Yufei Liao specialises in corporate M&A, private equity, and capital markets work, with a focus on the tech sector.
Yufei regularly advises Chinese privately-owned and state-owned enterprises and investment funds on their cross-border acquisitions and investments, as well as public market transactions. He also represents international financial investors on their investments in China (including growth capital/venture capital, pre-IPO, cornerstone and PIPE) as international counsel. He has extensive experience in a wide range of industry sectors including TMT, real estate, financial services, and consumer goods & retail.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Peking University (LLB) 2007
- Obtained PRC legal professional qualification certificate (non-practising) 2007
- Tsinghua University (LLM) 2009
- Joined Clifford Chance 2009
- Harvard Law School (LLM) 2013
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2014
- Partner since May 2021