Matt Feldmann has wide-ranging experience advising on investment funds and financial regulations.
Matt frequently advises on the establishment and ongoing operation of banks, including licensing applications, policies, customer documentation, booking models, regulatory capital, ongoing conduct and revocation of bank licences. He also advises financial institutions on licence applications and general regulatory and compliance issues under the Securities and Futures Ordinance; Money Lenders Ordinance; and Payment Systems and Stored Value Facilities Ordinance.
Matt has extensive experience establishing private investment funds; advising on fund structuring and legal and regulatory aspects. Matt has worked on some of the largest fund launches in the region. He also acts for institutional investors on their investments in funds and separate accounts.
Matt co-heads the firm's Real Estate Sector in Asia-Pacific and heads the firm's global Hedge Fund Sub-Sector.
- Advising Barclays on the regulatory aspects of the disposal of its private banking business in Asia
- Advising ABN AMRO on the regulatory aspects of the disposal of its private banking business in Asia
- Advising DBS on the regulatory aspects of the acquisition of the private banking business from Societe Generale
- Advising several financial institutions on establishing banks in Hong Kong
- Advising BosValen Asset Management on the establishment of the BosValen Fund
- Advising Seyon on the establishment of the Seyon Fund
- Advising Shui On Land on the establishment of Shui On KC Investment Partnership
- Advising Hosen Capital on the establishment of the New Hope Agriculture and Food Fund II L.P. and Hosen Investment Fund III, L.P.
- Advising Darby Overseas Investments on the establishment of the Darby Asia Mezzanine Fund II, L.P. and Darby Asia Opportunities Fund III, L.P.
- Advising Hong Kong Exchanges Limited on its RMB trading facility
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Université de Lausanne (Licence en droit) 1991
- Admitted as avocat in Switzerland 1998
- Université de Lausanne (Doctorat en droit) 1999
- University of Hong Kong (LLM) 1999
- Joined Clifford Chance 1999
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2002
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong 2004
- Partner since 2009
- Co-Chair of the AIMA Regulatory Committee