Matt Feldmann has wide-ranging experience advising on investment funds and financial regulations.
Matt frequently advises on the establishment and ongoing operation of banks, including licensing applications, policies, customer documentation, booking models, regulatory capital, ongoing conduct and revocation of bank licences. He also advises financial institutions on licence applications and general regulatory and compliance issues under the Securities and Futures Ordinance; Money Lenders Ordinance; and Payment Systems and Stored Value Facilities Ordinance.
Matt has extensive experience establishing private investment funds; advising on fund structuring and legal and regulatory aspects. Matt has worked on some of the largest fund launches in the region. He also acts for institutional investors on their investments in funds and separate accounts.
Matt co-heads the firm's Real Estate Sector in Asia-Pacific and heads the firm's global Hedge Fund Sub-Sector.
- AnglePoint on the establishment of the Anglepoint Global Fund
- ActusRayPartners on the establishment of ActusRayPartners European Alpha Fund
- Aspex on the establishment of the Aspex Global Fund
- Athos in relation to the Athos Asia Event Driven Fund and on the establishment of Athos Special Situations Fund SPC
- CITIC Capital in relation to the CITIC Capital China Access Fund
- EFM Asset Management on the establishment of the EFM Global Growth Fund
- Greenlane Capital Limited on the establishment of the Greenlane Fund
- GROW on the establishment of GROW Investment Group
- Hel Ved on the establishment of the Hel Ved Fund
- Kontiki on the establishment of the Kontiki Fund and the Kontiki Long Only Fund
- Mingshi on the establishment of the Mingshi China Optima Fund and the Mingshi China Maxima Fund
- Seiga Asset Management on the establishment of the Seiga Fund and the Seiga Japan Fund
- Sequoia China on the establishment of the SCEP Fund and the SCHP Fund
- Springhill Fund Asset Management on the establishment of Springhill Fund
- Stillbrook on the establishment of Capital China Opportunity Fund
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Université de Lausanne (Licence en droit) 1991
- Admitted as avocat in Switzerland 1998
- Université de Lausanne (Doctorat en droit) 1999
- University of Hong Kong (LLM) 1999
- Joined Clifford Chance 1999
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2002
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong 2004
- Partner since 2009
- Member of AIMA Council (Board of Directors)