Mark Shipman has extensive experience advising on the structuring, establishment and promotion of all types of investment funds, including private equity and real estate funds, hedge funds and other alternatives.
Mark also specialises in asset management, securities, banking and insurance regulation, advising leading local and international fund/asset managers, banks, custodians, trustees and insurance companies.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Reading (LLB) 1987
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1990
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong 1997
- Joined Clifford Chance London 1991
- Clifford Chance Bahrain 1992, London 1996 and Hong Kong 1997
- Partner since 2001
- Council member, AIMA
- Member of Executive Committee of AIMA, Hong Kong and the Technical Sub-Committee of the HKVCA and Regulatory Sub-Committee of HKIFA
- Asia Council member, EMPEA
- Member of the Products Advisory Committee to the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission