Ashwin van Rooijen is a Partner in the Brussels antitrust practice, advising household name clients on competition matters, with a focus on technology markets and intellectual property.
Ashwin previously worked as a software engineer and leverages his tech background to advise his clients on the particular challenges they face.
News and client work
The Antitrust Horizon
Partner Ashin van Rooijen interviews DG Comp's Olivier Guersent for Concurrence's Meet the Enforcers podcast -
Career and qualifications
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (LLM) 2005
- University of California Berkeley (LLM in IP and Antitrust) 2007
- University of Amsterdam (PhD in Software Interoperability, Copyright and Competition Law) 2009
- Joined Clifford Chance 2009
- Counsel since 2017
- Partner since 2021
Awards and citations
- Behavioural Matter of the Year: FairSearch complaint against Google Android
Global Competition Review (GCR) Awards 2019