Ashwin van Rooijen is a Partner in the Brussels antitrust practice, advising household name clients on competition matters, with a focus on technology markets and intellectual property.
Ashwin previously worked as a software engineer and leverages his tech background to advise his clients on the particular challenges they face.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (LLM) 2005
- University of California Berkeley (LLM in IP and Antitrust) 2007
- University of Amsterdam (PhD in Software Interoperability, Copyright and Competition Law) 2009
- Joined Clifford Chance 2009
- Counsel since 2017
- Partner since 2021
Awards and citations
- Behavioural Matter of the Year: FairSearch complaint against Google Android
Global Competition Review (GCR) Awards 2019