Tim Grave specialises in commercial dispute resolution and related advice across a wide range of matters.
Tim's client work includes Corporations Act matters, director's duties, commercial and contractual disputes, equitable claims, international arbitrations, trade practices, and investigations by regulators.
- McGraw–Hill/Standard & Poor's in a class action in the Federal Court of Australia brought by investors in synthetic collateralised debt obligations
- The Australian offices of a multinational financial institution on a cross-border financial regulatory enquiry, including the response to Australian regulators
- The CFO of White Energy Company on an inquiry by the NSW Independent Commission Against Corruption concerning the grant of mining permits in the Bylong Valley
- A company director on his prosecution for alleged conspiracy to commit insider trading offences
Career and qualifications
- University of Tasmania (BCom/LLB) 1997
- Admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales 2000
- Admitted to the High Court Registry of Practitioners 2005
- Senior associate and associate, Freehills 2000 – 2008
- Partner and associate, Chang, Pistilli & Simmons 2008 - 2011
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2011
- Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration, Director
Awards and citations
- A Source emphasises his "very clear communication style, which he can adapt to the requirements of the situation," while another finds him "calm, measured and confident, on top of everything, and very good at navigating challenging situations," concluding: "You trust him; he's both the brain and the anchor of the case."
Chambers Asia Pacific 2020, Dispute Resolution – Australia
- Recommended Practitioner – Dispute Resolution
Asia Pacific Legal 500