Omar Rashid is a Partner in Clifford Chance's corporate practice, seconded to Abuhimed Alsheikh Alhagbani Law Firm (AS&H) in Riyadh.
He has a broad range of corporate experience including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, public takeovers, equity investments and initial public offerings.
- Advising the National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia (Bahri) in relation to its US$1.3 billion merger of the fleets and operations of Bahri and Vela International Marine Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Saudi Aramco
- Advising Aujan Industries on the sale of approximately half of the equity in its beverage business to Coca Cola. This transaction has a value of US$980 million
M&A Deal of the Year - ALB The Brief Middle East Law Awards
- Advising the Carlyle Group on its acquisition of a 42% stake in the Alamar Foods Company
Finance Monthly Deal Maker of the Year Awards 2013
- Advising Mobile Telecommunications Company Saudi Arabia (Zain KSA) on its SAR6 billion (US$1.6 billion) rights issue
Equity Deal of the Year - IFLR Middle East Awards
News and client work
Global M&A Toolkit
- Omar talks about the M&A Trends in the Middle East, with a focus on Saudi Arabia (November 2014)
- Omar discusses foreign investment in Saudi Arabia (November 2014)
- Omar discusses developments in competition law and practice in Saudi Arabia (November 2014)
- Omar highlights current trends in M&A in Saudi Arabia (June 2013)
Career and qualifications
- Cambridge University (BA & MA, Law) 1995
- Cambridge University (LLM, Public International Law) 1996
- Admitted as a barrister to Middle Temple 1997
- Tenant, Radcliffe Chambers, Lincoln's Inn 1997
- Linklaters LLP London, New York and Dubai 2000
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2004
- Seconded to Morgan Stanley, London 2004-05
- Seconded to RBS, Dubai 2009
- Joined Clifford Chance 2010
- Partner since 2012
- Seconded to AS&H 2016
Awards and citations
- Omar Rashid is recommended for his corporate advice.
Source: IFLR1000 2014: Saudi Arabia – Mergers & Acquisitions
- Omar Rashid is the main partner in Riyadh for equity capital markets work.
Source: Legal500 2013: Saudi Arabia – Capital Markets