Mike Taylor has over 20 years' international and regional experience with the firm in London and Dubai advising on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, public takeovers and equity capital markets transactions, particularly in the UAE and Saudi Arabia.
Mike has advised on some of the highest profile and innovative M&A and ECM transactions in the Middle East and has a particular focus on the telecommunications sector.
Mike is recognised by Chambers, Legal 500 and International Financial Law Review as being a leading lawyer in the Middle East.
Clifford Chance advises on the IPO of Network International – the largest London IPO this year, largest London tech IPO since 2015 and largest Middle East and Africa (MEA) IPO globally since 2014
18 April 2019
AS&H and Clifford Chance are advising on the first share exchange takeover offer in Saudi Arabia under the new M&A Regulations
24 December 2018
Clifford Chance advises Saudi Ground Services on its IPO and listing on the Saudi Stock Exchange
24 June 2015
Clifford Chance advises The Carlyle Group on its first investment into the banking sector in Nigeria
27 November 2014
Clifford Chance advises Savola Group on strategic acquisitions in Saudi Arabia
22 May 2013
Clifford Chance and Al Jadaan & Partners Law Firm advise on a proposed US$1.3 billion Saudi shipping merger
14 November 2012
Clifford Chance and Al-Jadaan & Partners Law Firm advise on two of the largest ECM deals in Saudi Arabia in 2012
23 August 2012
Clifford Chance wins TMT Middle East Law Firm of the Year Award for third consecutive year!
6 May 2012
Clifford Chance advises Mannai Corporation QSC on its acquisition of a 35% stake in Axiom Limited
29 June 2011
Global M&A Toolkit
Career and qualifications
- University of East Anglia, Norwich (BSc, Accountancy) 1994
- LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae, London 1996
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1998
- Joined Clifford Chance London 1998
- Partner since 2009
Awards and citations
- “Mike Taylor heads the ECM practice and is commonly involved with high-value IPOs. He is also highly active in the Saudi Arabian market. Sources agree that he remains one of the top-tier boys.“
Global Chambers 2019
- Mike Taylor leads the equity team and is a frequent adviser to investment banks regarding their roles as bookrunners and lead managers on major equity issuances. Additionally he demonstrates a robust understanding of the Saudi Arabian market.
Chambers Global 2018: Capital Markets – UAE
- Mike Taylor is frequently cited as a pre-eminent equity capital markets lawyer in Dubai. He is also particularly well known for his knowledge of, and activity on, Saudi mandates. Commentators enthuse: "He brings a lot of experience to the table so he is well aware of the requirements. He is one of the most calm personalities - he seemed very much in control."
Chambers Global 2016: Capital Markets – Middle East
- Mike Taylor focuses on cross-border M&A, joint ventures and equity capital markets matters. He led the team that represented Savola Group in the USD384 million sale of Savola Packing Systems Company to Takween Advanced Industries.
Chambers Global 2016: Corporate/M&A – UAE
- Dubai-based Mike Taylor specialises in cross-border M&A and ECM transactions and is especially active in the UAE and Saudi Arabia. Recent highlights of his include assisting Jazeera Airways with the USD507 million sale of 15 Airbus A320 aircraft.
Chambers Global 2016: Corporate & Commercial – Middle East
- "On the equity side, the firm has worked on several deals, including an IPO where its involvement is confidential. One capital increase saw a team by Mike Taylor AXA Cooperative Insurance on its issue"
IFLR 1000 2015: Banking & Finance – UAE