Khalid Al-Abdulkareem is a Partner in Clifford Chance's corporate practice, seconded to Abuhimed Alsheikh Alhagbani Law Firm (AS&H) in Riyadh.
Khalid has extensive experience in advising multinationals and major Saudi Arabian corporates in connection with corporate restructuring, cross-border mergers, joint ventures, securitisation, shareholders agreements, capital markets law, foreign direct investment and privatisation matters. He has advised on various real estate and employment laws; he drafted and reviewed various Saudi regulations and policies.
- Advising Aujan Industries on the sale of approximately half of the equity in its beverage business to Coca Cola. This transaction has a value of US$980 million.
M&A Deal of the Year - ALB The Brief Middle East Law Awards
- Advising Savola Group on the its acquisition of shares in Savola Foods Company and Azizia Panda United Company from Al Muhaidib Holding Company
- Advising the Carlyle Group on its acquisition of a 42% stake in the Alamar Foods Company
Finance Monthly Deal Maker of the Year Awards 2013
- MTC Zain in relation to Capital Restructure (reduction and increase).
Equity Deal of the Year - IFLR Middle East Awards
Clifford Chance advises on major real estate M&A transaction in Saudi Arabia
13 April 2016
Clifford Chance advises Amanat Healthcare and its affiliates on the acquisition of a 35% beneficial interest in Sukoon International Holding CJSC
13 August 2015
Clifford Chance advises Saudi Ground Services on its IPO and listing on the Saudi Stock Exchange
24 June 2015
Clifford Chance advises the Saudi Public Investment Fund on the acquisition of a significant minority stake in Posco Engineering & Construction Co Ltd for US$1.1 billion
23 June 2015
Draft Private Sector Participation Law published for public consultation
16 July 2018
National Centre for Privatisation releases the Privatisation Projects Manual
5 July 2018
Investing in Private Healthcare institutions and Pharmaceutical establishments in Saudi Arabia
20 September 2017
Progress on the liberalisation of the Saudi equity market
30 January 2017
New arbitration centre opens in Riyadh
19 October 2016
Career and qualifications
- Faculty member, Institute of Public Administration, 1987-1997
- Legal Advisor, Royal Court, 1997-2002
- Legal Advisor, The Court of the Crown Prince, 2000
- Senior Associate, Al-Jadaan & Partners Law Firm 2003
- Partner, Al-Jadaan & Partners since 2008
- Partner Clifford Chance since 2013
- Seconded to Abuhimed Alsheikh Alhagbani Law Firm (AS&H) 2016
Awards and citations
- Khalid Al-Abdulkareem has a broad corporate and commercial practice that includes transactional work and joint venture advice. He has noteworthy experience of representing public-sector clients.
Chambers Global 2016: Corporate & Commercial - Saudi Arabia
- Khalid Al-Abdulkareem advises on equity capital markets matters and has significant experience of assisting clients with major IPOs and rights issues.
Chambers Global 2016: Capital Markets - Saudi Arabia
- Khalid Al-Abdulkareem is recognised for his strength in equity capital markets and public M&A. He acted for Bank Al-Jazeera on its SAR1 billion capitalisation issuance.
Chambers Global 2015: Capital Markets – Saudi Arabia
- Khalid Al-Abdulkareem has a broad corporate practice advising many of the kingdom's most high-profile companies in M&A, corporate restructuring and joint venture agreements.
Chambers Global 2015: Corporate & Commercial – Saudi Arabia