Thomas Schulte has extensive experience on all aspects of financing transactions, including asset financing, acquisition financings, lease financings, secured commercial finance transactions and structured financings.
His practice also involves the representation of firm clients on debt restructurings, loan workouts, debtor-in-possession financings and intercreditor arrangements.
- International Game Technology PLC (formerly GTECH S.p.A.) in connection with US$10.7 billion of committed financing and US$4.3 billion of liability management transactions in connection with the acquisition of International Game Technology, a Nevada corporation
- iStar Financial on an US$1,820 million senior secured credit facility led by J.P. Morgan Chase Bank
- Partners Group and MetLife as mezzanine lenders in connection with the approximately US$300 million acquisition by a Kohlberg-sponsored fund of Sabre Industries, Inc. The acquisition was financed with US$62.5 million of mezzanine notes and US$130 million of senior term loans
- Corporate Property Associates 15 in the US$2.6 billion merger between W.P. Carey & Co. LLC with a 10-year-old real estate investment trust that it manages
- Actis on its US$410 million acquisition of a group of gas and electricity suppliers in Guatemala owned by Spanish company Gas Natural Fenosa
- iStar Financial on an US$880 million senior secured financing led by Barclays Bank plc and on its US$2.95 billion senior secured credit facility led by JPMorganФChase
- The Hearst Corporation in connection with a US$575 million loan facility led by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- The various designated prospective lenders to bidding joint ventures in connection with the financing of concession arrangements for the North Tarrant Express Highway, the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Port Mann-Highway 1 bridge, and the IH-635 Managed Lanes Project
- GTECH S.p.A. in connection with up to US$10.7 billion in committed financing from Credit Suisse, Barclays and Citigroup to support GTECH's announced US $4.7 billion acquisition of International Game Technology, Inc.
Looking elsewhere for liquidity – financing options and strategies for European corporate borrowers
19 July 2012
Career and qualifications
- Boston College BA Economics 1982
- Boston University School of Law JD cum laude 1988
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in Massachusetts and New York 1989
- Partner since 1997
- Member of Partnership Council (2006-2012)
- Member and Chair of Audit Committee (2007-2014)