Thien Folkemer is an associate in the private funds practice in the Clifford Chance New York office. Thien specializes in representing fund sponsors in the establishment, marketing and operation of open- and closed-end private equity, debt and real estate funds as well as representing sponsors on the structuring and establishment of joint ventures, separate accounts and co-investment vehicles. Thien also represents institutional investors on their primary and secondary investment transactions and placement agents in connection with their fund engagements.
- Berkshire Residential on its closed-end multifamily real estate value-add fund and its closed-end real estate debt fund.
- Oak Street Real Estate Capital on its open-end triple-net lease real estate fund.
- AIG Global Real Estate Investment Corp. on the spin-out of its asset management arm and on its closed-end real estate funds.
- Zurich Alternative Asset Management on its primary investments in private equity and real estate funds.
View all news and client work featuring Thien Folkemer
Career and qualifications
University of Chicago, B.A. in Economics 2000
- Columbia Law School 2006
- Admitted as an attorney-at-law in the State of New York 2007