Steve Mastrovich is a counsel in the firm’s Capital Markets practice. Steve supports clients in private capital raising, joint venture and capital formation, enterprise reorganizations and complex transactions in a broad range of industries, including, among others, real estate, hospitality, private equity, fintech and specialty finance practices.
Steve brings significant international and cross-border business and advisory experience, having held senior investment banking and asset management positions at JPMorgan, UBS and HSBC.
- Sourced, negotiated and structured a joint venture for UBS Wealth Management clients with Fortress, Softbank and L&L Holdings on a US$2.5 billion development in Manhattan's Times Square, called TSX Broadway.
- Launch of eight new Real Asset Funds (US Income and Growth Fund, the Alternative Property Fund, European Property Fund, Global Infrastructure Fund, Asia Infrastructure and Related Resources Fund, India Property Fund, China Property Fund, JPM Maritime Fund) at JPMorgan Asset Management
- Originated over 100 non-US institutional investors for JP Morgan Asset Management's Real Assets Business and over US$8 billion in new AUM.
- Raised over US$4 billion for corporate credit while at HPS (formerly Highbridge Principal Strategies)
- REITs and institutional investors in over US$6 billion of programmatic JV’s, corporate formation transactions, recaps, roll-ups, growth equity investments, RE M&A and various structured transactions.
- Various fund sponsors on capital raising mandates, including Greystone on raising US$500 million of growth equity for Greystone’s bridge to an agency lending business
- Two Sigma, one of the largest hedge funds in the world, on the launch of their European RE credit business
- Paramount Properties on the creation of their mezzanine NYC office fund
- KSL, a Denver based hospitality focused RE PE manager, on their latest $1.5 billion fund raise