Luis Maria Clouet focuses his practice on representing investment and commercial banks, multilateral agencies, sponsors, issuers and underwriters and corporate clients in cross-border banking & finance and capital markets transactions in Latin America.
Luis has extensive experience in financial markets and project financing and has represented various financial institutions, including multilateral organizations, commercial banks and sponsors in numerous energy and infrastructure projects in Latin America, including project bond and multisourced financings, issuances of asset-backed securities, future-flow backed securities and high-yield debt. He also has experience in capital markets transactions representing issuers and financial institutions acting as initial purchasers or placement agents in corporate and sovereign 144A and Reg S offerings.
- Represented Allianz Global Investors U.S. LLC (acting on behalf of its clients) in connection with the fixed rate US$250 million 18-year 4(a)(2) private placement to refinance the Peruvian wind farms Parque Eólico Marcona S.A.C. and Parque Eólico Tres Hermanas S.A.C.
- Represented Goldman Sachs (as initial purchaser), and Bancolombia, FDN and CAF-AM Ashmore Debt Fund (as senior lenders) in the approximately US$708 million multi-source and multi-currency financing for the Ruta al Mar toll road project in Colombia, which included a combination of Rule 144A/Reg S COP bonds indexed to UVR, and COP and UVR commercial bank and debt fund loans.
- Represented Goldman Sachs and the Central American Development Bank in the structuring and arranging of a US$ 390 million multi-tranche, multi-currency, term loan financing for the Alto Magdalena toll road project in Colombia which included a combination of USD, COP and UVR commercial bank loans, a subordinated liquidity facility, and interest rate and currency hedges.
- Represented Goldman Sachs and Scotia Capital (as initial purchasers), and Bancolombia, Banco de Bogota, Banco de Occidente and the CAF-AM Ashmore Debt Fund (as senior lenders) in the approximately US$472 million multi-tranche and multi-currency financing for the Costera Cartagena Barranquilla toll road project in Colombia which included a combination of Rule 144A/Reg S USD bonds and COP bonds, COP and UVR commercial bank loans, a subordinated revolving liquidity facility and currency hedges.
- Represented Goldman Sachs in the structuring, arranging and underwriting of a US$1 billion multi-tranche, multi-currency, financing for the Conexión Pacifico 3 toll road project in Colombia. The transaction was comprised of a combination of Rule 144A and Reg S US$ bonds and COP bonds, COP and UVR commercial bank loans, a subordinated liquidity facility and currency hedges.
- Represented a group of Colombian and Central American banks in the US$340 million financing of three hydro projects in Guatemala with a combined capacity of 246 MW.
- Clifford Chance Wins Big at the 2017 LatinFinance Project & Infrastructure Finance Awards
10 October 2017
Clifford Chance advises on Colombia's first private investment made by a Chinese construction company in a 4G toll road project
6 August 2019
Clifford Chance advises Allianz Global Investors on private placement refinancing for Peruvian wind farms
6 December 2018
Clifford Chance advises on Colombia's first private initiative project to be financed internationally
22 December 2017
Clifford Chance named "Best International Counsel – Projects" by Chambers Latin America
29 November 2017
Career and qualifications
- Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina (Abogado - J.D.) 2008
- Admitted as an abogado in Buenos Aires 2010
- Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina (Master of laws degree in Oil and Gas Law) 2010
- New York University School of Law (LL.M) 2015
- Joined Clifford Chance 2015
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2016