Leah Edelboim advises lenders and corporate, sponsor, and investor borrowers in all aspects of secured and unsecured financing transactions with a wide range of lending structures including acquisition and leveraged loans, investment grade facilities, direct and middle market loans, asset-based loans, project finance transactions, subscription lines, and private placements. Both her lender and borrower representations often involve a cross-border aspect.
Leah has extensive experience advising on fund finance transactions. She regularly advises private equity, real estate, natural resources and other funds on both syndicated and bilateral subscription secured credit facilities as well as NAV, asset-backed and hybrid facilities. She has also represented financial institutions in these deals. Leah also represents funds in a variety of direct lending transactions.
- A full service marine terminal and stevedore operator along the US West Coast, in connection with a US$265 million credit facility. The proceeds of the credit facility were used, among other things, to refinance existing debt financings
- Inter-American Development Bank as agent in connection with restructuring a US$488 million loan and new interim financing to complete construction of Delba III, an ultra-deep water semi-submersible offshore drilling platform
- Samchully Asset Management Co., Ltd. in its US$300 million financing arranged by BAML of a 34% stake in Cardinal Gas Service LLC from Total E&P USA, Inc. and EV Energy Partners, L.P.
- An international manufacturing company on corporate and financing aspects of its joint venture global coffee business with D.E. Master Blenders (EUR7.1 billion financing and annual revenues in excess of US$7 billion)
- Appian Capital Advisory in connection with capital commitment and asset-backed financing from Investec Bank for one of its investment funds
- Bayerische Hypo- und Vereinsbank (HVB) in connection with the €950 million financing of Nordex SE
- Kartesia Advisors in connection with a multi-currency loan to the McIntosh Group, a manufacturer of high-end audio equipment
- Martello Finance Company Limited in connection with a leveraged buyout involving target companies of the Stellwagen Group in the US, Malta, Cyprus, Bermuda and Ireland.
- A syndicate of lenders in relation to the refinancing and extension of Glencore's revolving credit facilities with an aggregate value of approximately US$14.43 billion
- Berkshire Property Advisors, in connection with a US$150 million subscription line credit facility with Citibank, N.A. for one of its multifamily investment funds
Career and qualifications
- The Johns Hopkins University (Bachelor of Arts) 2004
- University of Miami School of Law (JD) 2010
- Clerk to the Hon. Shelley C. Chapman, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, 2010-2012
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New Jersey 2010
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2011
- Joined Clifford Chance 2012
- Member of Women in Fund Finance