José García Cueto focuses his practice on commercial and investor-State international arbitration matters. He advises on international disputes in a wide range of matters.
José Ignacio has experience in the construction, energy and infrastructure sectors, including disputes related PC, RPC and EPC contracts, gas pipelines, power plants and concession contracts. He has experience advising on ICC commercial disputes, UNCITRAL, ICSID and ad hoc arbitrations.
Before joining Clifford Chance, he practiced for four years as an associate of the arbitration and litigation group of a leading Spanish law firms.
- Acting for a construction consortium in an ICC arbitration seated in New York related to the construction of a gas pipeline in South America
- Acting for a construction consortium in an ICC arbitration seated in New York related to the construction of a hydroelectric plant in South America
- Acting for an international construction company in ICC arbitration related to the construction of a hydroelectric power plant in Central America
- Acting for a Spanish IT company in an ICC arbitration seated in Miami related to the construction of an internet network
- Acting for an economic interest group in ad hoc arbitration and judicial proceedings in a dispute related to the breakdown of the steam turbine of a cogeneration plant
- Acting for an Argentinean company in a multijurisdictional dispute with a Brazilian company related to the construction of harbour cranes
- Acting for a Spanish company in a dispute related to the construction of a bioethanol power plant
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- ESADE University, Barcelona, Spain (Law) 2009
- ESADE University, Barcelona, Spain (Master of Laws in Business Law) 2009
- Admitted as an advocat in Barcelona 2009
- Harvard University and Centro de Estudios Garrigues, Barcelona, Spain (Master Executive in Business Law) 2011
- Georgetown University Law Centre, Washington, D.C.,USA (LL.M) 2014
- Joined Clifford Chance 2014
- Admitted as an Attorney at Law in New York 2015
- Special Legal consultant since 2016