Jason W. Parsont's practice focuses on public and private capital markets transactions and other general corporate transactions primarily in the real estate, fintech and specialty finance sectors.
Jason has advised sponsors, investment banks, REITs, and other companies in their capital raising activities, including initial public offerings, follow-on equity raises, private placements and debt transactions.
- Columbia University, Columbia College (BA in English and Comparative Literature) 2004
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2008
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP 2007
- Clerk,The Honorable Paul C.Huck, United States District Court, Southern District of Florida 2011
- Lecturer-in-law and post-doctoral research scholar at Columbia Law School 2012
- Joined Clifford Chance 2014
- Crowdfunding: The Real and the Illusory Exemption, 4 Harv. Bus. L. Rev 281 (2014)
- NRSRO Nullification: Why Ratings Reform May Be in Peril, 77 Brook. L. Rev. 1015 (2012)
- Regulation Crowdfunding: A Viable Capital-Raising Method for Tech Companies? (2017)
The SEC's evolving integration doctrine: New guidance on combining offering methods
4 January 2016
The U.S. menu of early-stage capital‑raising options – Lessons for the European commission
19 June 2015