Esther Lee advises clients on compliance with U.S. merger control laws, including the regulatory review of mergers and acquisitions and government investigations into anti-competitive conduct.
Esther advises clients on compliance with the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended, and its related pre-merger notification filing requirements. She has also advocated on behalf of clients before the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the U.S. Department of Justice.
Esther has represented clients across banking, private equity, media, technology, business services, telecommunications, air & space, bio-engineering, agriculture, chemicals, medical devices, and food.
- The Hearst Corporation on its acquisition of the magazine and book businesses of Rodale Inc.
- Imagination Technologies Group plc on the sale of its business lines in processor solutions and technology.
- Exact Group B.V. on the sale of its US business to funds advised by Apax Partners.
- Informa plc on its $1.56 billion acquisition of Penton Business Media from MidOcean Partners and Wasserstein & Co.
News and client work
- New York State Senate Passes ‘Twenty-First Century Anti-Trust Act,’ Aimed to Curb Big Tech, The Computer & Internet Lawyer, October 2021
- Trends and Development, Chambers and Partners Antitrust Litigation 2020 Guide
September 17, 2020
Career and qualifications
- University of Michigan (BA) 2009
- American University Washington College of Law (JD) 2015
- American University School of International Service (MA) 2016
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-law in New York 2016
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in District of Columbia 2017
- American Bar Association