Esther Lee advises clients on compliance with U.S. merger control laws, including the regulatory review of mergers and acquisitions and government investigations into anti-competitive conduct.
Esther advises clients on compliance with the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended, and its related pre-merger notification filing requirements. She has also advocated on behalf of clients before the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the U.S. Department of Justice.
Esther has represented clients across banking, private equity, media, technology, business services, telecommunications, air & space, bio-engineering, agriculture, chemicals, medical devices, and food.
- The Hearst Corporation on its acquisition of the magazine and book businesses of Rodale Inc.
- Imagination Technologies Group plc on the sale of its business lines in processor solutions and technology.
- Exact Group B.V. on the sale of its US business to funds advised by Apax Partners.
- Informa plc on its $1.56 billion acquisition of Penton Business Media from MidOcean Partners and Wasserstein & Co.
Clifford Chance advising Hearst on its acquisition of Rodale's global content business
20 October 2017
Out of the Toolbox and Ready for Use: Antitrust Arbitration
12 September 2019
U.S. Federal Trade Commission Announces Annual Revisions to the Thresholds of the HSR Act and Prohibition Against Interlocking Directors
20 January 2017
The U.S. DOJ and FTC Issue Two Updated Antitrust Guidelines: Antitrust Guidelines for International Enforcement and Cooperation & Antitrust Guidelines for the Licensing of Intellectual Property
18 January 2017
The Pre-Merger Notification Office of the FTC Updates the Size of the Transaction Test for Leveraged Buyouts (LBOs)
13 October 2016
Career and qualifications
- University of Michigan (BA) 2009
- American University Washington College of Law (JD) 2015
- American University School of International Service (MA) 2016
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-law in New York 2016
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in District of Columbia 2017
- American Bar Association