Andrew Young advises lenders, corporates, sponsors and investors in all aspects of domestic and international finance transactions, including acquisition and leveraged loans, investment grade facilities, direct and mid-market lending, asset-based loans, project finance, subscription lines and private placements. Andrew also counsels clients in respect of restructurings, recapitalizations, intercreditor arrangements and bankruptcy issues.
View more client work by this author
- Advising CVC Capital Partners in connection with its US$600 million leveraged facility supporting the acquisition and strategic combination of the Alpha Corporation and Aliancys groups, forming a leading global composite resins enterprise
- Advising market leading REIT that originates and invests in commercial real estate debt in connection with its US$500 million term loan B syndicated facility
- Advising lead arranger group in connection with over US$1.5 billion in first and second lien loans backing the cross-border acquisition of Exova Group by Bridgepoint-owned Element Materials to join two of the world's leading testing companies
- Advising OpCapita, a European private equity firm specializing in the retail, consumer and leisure industries, in connection with approximately US$150 million in first lien loans and second lien notes issued by direct lenders to support the acquisition of retailer Maurices Incorporated from Ascena Retail Group Inc.
- Advising Bank of America and Credit Suisse in relation to a $57 billion committed loan backing Bayer's proposed acquisition of Monsanto
- Advising a global investment bank in relation to a $3.6 billion loan supporting Henkel's acquisition of Sun Products
- Advising lead arranger group in relation to the US$2 billion term and revolving credit facilities for Baidu, Inc.
- Advising C-III Capital Partners LLC in relation to a US$250 million unitranche term loan facility backing its acquisition of Resource America Inc.
- Advising Lennar Corporation in connection with its $2.4 billion unsecured revolving credit facility (with a $420 million accordion)
- Advising SMBC as lead arranger and agent in relation to a JPY 33,525,000,000 senior unsecured term loan provided to Flex Ltd
Career and qualifications
Boston University (BA, Computer Science) 2002
- New York Law School (JD) 2005
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2006
- Joined Clifford Chance 2015