Alex Sisto has a range of experience in complex commercial litigation and cross-border white collar and regulatory investigations.
Alex is a member of Clifford Chance's Tech Group, and regularly advises clients on compliance and incident response in respect of data privacy and cyber security.
- Various v News Group Newspapers (defending News Group in the phone hacking litigation, English Chancery Division)
- Assisting large funds manager in developing data privacy compliance policies and procedures and advising on legal privilege in the United States and United Kingdom in the context of conducting investigations into cyber incidents
- Advising insurance company on cross-border response to data breach
- Advising a global bank in relation to the CMA's investigation into suspected anti-competitive agreements in the financial services sector
- Advising a global bank in relation to an OFSI investigation into potential sanctions violations
News and client work
- Information Commissioner imposes second significantly reduced GDPR penalty
£18.4m NOT £99m
12 November 2020
- ICO announces Significantly reduced GDPR fine for British Airways
We look at how ICO reached its decision
21 October 2020
- Still scraping the barrel?
Facebook sues data scrapers
18 July 2019
- Scraping the barrel?
Legal issues arising from data scraping
30 November 2018
Career and qualifications
- University of Chicago (AB Law, Letters and Society) 2011
- Fordham University School of Law (JD) 2016
- Joined Clifford Chance 2015
- Admitted as Attorney-at-Law in New York 2017