Ying Chiang Chong specialises in debt and equity capital markets transactions for companies and real estate investment trusts in Singapore and across South East Asia, and is a member of the Global Financial Markets group. Ying Chiang is an active supporter of diversity and inclusion, and is a founding member of the Clifford Chance Singapore women's network.
- Advised Vena Energy on the establishment of a US$1 billion euro medium term note programme and inaugural offering of Reg S US$325 million "green bonds" thereunder, listed on the SGX.
- Advised Singapore Exchange Limited in establishing its first-ever S$1.5 billion multicurrency debt issuance programme.
- Advised Citi, CIMB, Standard Chartered Bank and UBS as the arrangers and bookrunners on Axiata Group's dual offering of US$500 million 10-year trust certificates and U$1 billion 30-year senior notes, each rated Baa2(s) by Moody's and BBB+(s) by S&P. Axiata is a leading Asian telecommunications group.
- Advised United Overseas Bank Limited, UOB Kay Hian Private Limited, UBS AG, Singapore Branch, Credit Suisse (Singapore) Limited and The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore Branch on the initial public offering (IPO) of units in United Hampshire US Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) to raise approximately US$394.6 million.
- Advised DBS Bank Ltd., Merrill Lynch (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., China International Capital Corporation (Singapore) Pte. Limited, Credit Suisse (Singapore) Limited, Maybank Kim Eng Securities Pte. Ltd. and Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited in the initial public offering of units in Prime US REIT on Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited, which raised gross proceeds of US$813.0 million.
- Advised Credit Suisse (Singapore) Limited, DBS Bank Ltd. and UBS AG, Singapore Branch, as joint lead managers, bookrunners and underwriters for an equity fund raising undertaken by Keppel Infrastructure Trust to raise approximately S$525.0 million. The equity fund raising comprised a placement and non-renounceable preferential offering of units, and was carried out subsequent to a combination of Cityspring Infrastructure Trust and Keppel Infrastructure Trust to form the largest Singapore infrastructure-focused business trust listed on the SGX-ST.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Nottingham (LLB) 2006
- Admitted as a Solicitor in Singapore 2008
- Joined Clifford Chance 2011
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales 2017
- Ying Chiang is a member of a working group of industry professionals and investors set up by Singapore Exchange Regulation to review the retail bonds regulatory framework in Singapore, and contributes knowhow and templates to the International Capital Market Association on matters relating to Singapore regulations.