* Clifford Chance Asia is a Formal Law Alliance in Singapore between Clifford Chance Pte Ltd and Cavenagh Law LLP
Kang Yi-Jun is a Senior Associate in the International Arbitration and Dispute Resolutionpractice of Clifford Chance. She specialises in commercial dispute resolution.
Yi-Jun focuses on complex cross-border commercial arbitration and has represented numerous conglomerates and international companies in commercial arbitrations under various rules (including SIAC, ICC, LCIA and UNCITRAL). She has a broad range of experience across a range of industry sectors such as shareholder, M&A, private equity, joint venture and construction disputes.
She is admitted in both England and Wales and Singapore, and is a graduate of the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Representing a global financial institution (as respondent) against an Australian individual and his associated companies in an AU$ 700 million SIAC arbitration involving allegations of misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duties and/or breach of contract and (as Claimant) in Singapore court proceedings for an anti-suit injunction to restrain the counterparties’ breaches of arbitration agreements between the parties.
- Representing several private equity funds in a US$ 100 million UNCITRAL arbitration administered by the HKIAC in a dispute arising out of their investment into a group of companies, and successfully obtaining freezing injunctions against the counterparty in numerous jurisdictions (including Hong Kong and Singapore).
- Representing a major aeronautics company in various ICC arbitrations in disputes involving claims of breaches of contract and/or non-payment of sums under a contract
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- London School of Economics & Political Science (LLB) 2012
- Joined Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP (London) 2013
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2015
- Accredited with Higher Rights of Audience (Civil) (England & Wales) 2017
- Joined Clifford Chance Asia 2017
- Admitted as an advocate and solicitor in Singapore 2018
- Member, YSIAC
- Contributor, Kluwer Arbitration Blog
Awards and citations
- Yi-Jun won the Linklaters Prize for the best performance in Commercial Contracts in the LLB examinations, John Griffiths Award for Best Overall Performance in 1st year examinations and Blackstone Chambers Prize for the best performance in Public Law during her time at the London School of Economics & Political Science