*Clifford Chance Asia is a Formal Law Alliance in Singapore between Clifford Chance Pte Ltd and Cavenagh Law LLP
Xide Low is a Senior Associate in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice of Cavenagh Law LLP. He specialises in commercial dispute resolution and regulatory investigations and enforcement.
Xide handles a broad range of complex commercial litigation and arbitration (international and domestic) across Asia. Industries covered include financial services, construction, shipping, and energy.
Xide has substantial experience in tech disputes. He advises on data and cybersecurity issues, and, on developing technologies such as cryptocurrencies and other distributed ledger technologies.
After graduating from the University of Oxford, Xide practiced in England & Wales before returning to Singapore. Xide is admitted in England and Wales and Singapore.
Xide was recognised in The Legal 500 (Asia Pacific) in 2020 for International Arbitration.
- Acting for a leading international e-commerce and logistics company in a consolidated SIAC arbitration concerning long-running shareholder disputes arising out of the purchase of a group of companies across the PRC, Singapore, Japan and Australia etc. and involving difficult issues of illegality, regulatory infringements and valuation
- Acting in a LCIA international commercial arbitration worth several hundred million (US$) concerning an investment agreement between parties involving issues of Kuwaiti and Bahrain law
- Acting in a consolidated ICC arbitration between a leading aircraft manufacturer against Thai and Singapore parties involving multiple consultancy contracts and service agreements
- Acting for an international bank in proceedings before the Singapore Court of Appeal and High Court regarding novel issues relating to defamation and damages
- Acting for a world-leading PRC technology company in relation to potential disputes concerning media and gaming arising out of its investment in Vietnam
- Acting for a leading global cruise line in relation to two concurrent investigations by the regulators into separate data breach incidents which arose out of software coding issues, and, a large-scale cyber-hack and ransom of data belonging to several thousand customers on the AWS cloud platform
- Acting for a group of technology companies in relation to disputes over the setting up of a licensed digital token exchange and the launching of its own licensed cryptocurrency token
- Acting for Hyflux in one of largest and most high-profile insolvency proceedings in the Singapore High Court worth several billion (S$)
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Oxford, 2012
- Joined Linklaters LLP, 2013
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales, 2015
- Joined Clifford Chance Asia 2016
- Admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor in Singapore, 2017
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
Awards and citations
- Ranked as Recognised
Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020: International Arbitration