Shashwat Tewary works on debt and equity capital markets transactions across various jurisdictions including India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore.
His in-house experience includes a secondment to HSBC working with the Transaction Management Group. During his training contract with Clifford Chance London, Shashwat spent time on secondment as judicial assistant to Lord Justice Lawrence Collins (then at the England & Wales Court of Appeal). He has lectured on the Cross-Border Transactions – Debt Capital Markets module of the preparatory course for the Singapore Bar Examinations.
He is qualified in England and Wales and as an advocate of the Bar Council of Delhi, India.
- Advising the lead managers on the update of Export-Import Bank of India's US$10 billion GMTN program and issuance of US$1 billion 10-year notes under the program.
- Advising the Republic of Indonesia on the update of its US$10 billion Sukuk program and issuances of US$750 million 5-year and US$1.75 billion 10-year trust certificates under the program.
Clifford Chance advises Blackstone and Embassy on India's first ever REIT
1 April 2019
Clifford Chance advises Indonesian government on the first ever sovereign green sukuk
9 March 2018
Clifford Chance advises on India's first IPO of an infrastructure investment trust and on India's second-largest qualified institutional placement
18 May 2017
Clifford Chance advises on US$184 million IPO for Asia's oldest stock exchange, BSE Ltd. in India
8 February 2017
Clifford Chance advises on two headline Indian deals
21 December 2015
MAS consults on proposed enhancements to the resolution regime for financial institutions in Singapore
30 October 2015
MAS consults on margin requirements for non-centrally cleared OTC derivatives
6 October 2015
Career and qualifications
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, India (B.A. LL.B.) 2007
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2009
- Admitted as a solicitor in India 2007
- Joined Clifford Chance 2007
- Seconded as judicial assistant to Lord Justice Lawrence Collins 2008
- Seconded to HSBC, Singapore 2012
- Law Society of England & Wales