Shashwat Tewary works on debt and equity capital markets transactions across various jurisdictions including India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore.
His in-house experience includes a secondment to HSBC working with the Transaction Management Group. During his training contract with Clifford Chance London, Shashwat spent time on secondment as judicial assistant to Lord Justice Lawrence Collins (then at the England & Wales Court of Appeal). He has lectured on the Cross-Border Transactions – Debt Capital Markets module of the preparatory course for the Singapore Bar Examinations.
He is qualified in England and Wales and as an advocate of the Bar Council of Delhi, India.
- Advising the lead managers on the update of Export-Import Bank of India's US$10 billion GMTN program and issuance of US$1 billion 10-year notes under the program.
- Advising the Republic of Indonesia on the update of its US$10 billion Sukuk program and issuances of US$750 million 5-year and US$1.75 billion 10-year trust certificates under the program.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, India (B.A. LL.B.) 2007
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2009
- Admitted as a solicitor in India 2007
- Joined Clifford Chance 2007
- Seconded as judicial assistant to Lord Justice Lawrence Collins 2008
- Seconded to HSBC, Singapore 2012
- Law Society of England & Wales