* Clifford Chance Asia is a Formal Law Alliance in Singapore between Clifford Chance Pte Ltd and Cavenagh Law LLP
Romesh Weeramantry is a Counsel in the International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution practice of Clifford Chance. He specialises in complex arbitrations involving cross-border commercial or joint venture disputes and foreign investment treaty claims.
His publications include: The Hong Kong Arbitration Ordinance: Commentary and Annotations (2nd edition, Sweet & Maxwell 2015) (General Editor); Treaty Interpretation in Investment Arbitration (Oxford UP 2012); and International Commercial Arbitration: An Asia-Pacific Perspective (Cambridge UP 2011). He is a General Arbitration Editor of the Hong Kong White Book; a General Editor of the Asian Dispute Review, a member of the Editorial Board of the ICSID Review; and a member of the IBA Sub-Committee on Investment Treaty Arbitration.
Romesh is a member of the Political Change team.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Admitted as a barrister in Victoria, Australia 1993
- Registered as a Foreign Legal Consultant, Hong Kong 2013
- Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Hong Kong 2013
- Joined Clifford Chance 2013