* Clifford Chance Asia is a Formal Law Alliance in Singapore between Clifford Chance Pte Ltd and Cavenagh Law LLP
Romesh Weeramantry specialises in complex arbitrations involving cross-border commercial or joint venture disputes and foreign investment treaty claims.
His publications include: The Hong Kong Arbitration Ordinance: Commentary and Annotations (2nd edition, Sweet & Maxwell 2015) (General Editor); Treaty Interpretation in Investment Arbitration (Oxford UP 2012); and International Commercial Arbitration: An Asia-Pacific Perspective (Cambridge UP 2011). He is a General Arbitration Editor of the Hong Kong White Book; a General Editor of the Asian Dispute Review, a member of the Editorial Board of the ICSID Review; and a member of the IBA Sub-Committee on Investment Treaty Arbitration.
Romesh is a member of the Political Change team.
Labour's inclusive ownership funds: nationalising 10% of everything?
3 September 2019
UK nationalisation: The law and the cost - 2019 update
5 July 2019
Treaty protection for Indian investments abroad: The Changed Landscape
29 May 2019
Infrastructure: 21st Century Challenges - A legal perspective
29 October 2018
The EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement: a different kind of treaty?
30 July 2018
Career and qualifications
- Admitted as a barrister in Victoria, Australia 1993
- Registered as a Foreign Legal Consultant, Hong Kong 2013
- Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Hong Kong 2013
- Joined Clifford Chance 2013