Morgan Shubin specialises in the establishment and operation of private funds, and secondaries deal technologies.
Morgan advises a wide range of private investment fund houses, including those focused on private equity, venture capital, real estate, infrastructure, debt and funds of funds, in relation to their private fund structures, secondaries transactions, co-investments, carried interest schemes and the funds aspects of M&A transactions. Morgan also advises investors in relation to the terms of their investments in private funds and co-investments.
- Advised Aberdeen Standard Investments on its disposal of a portfolio of over 140 fund interests to a new Aberdeen-managed fund with Coller Capital as cornerstone investor.
- Advised Bridgepoint in relation to its acquisition and integration of EQT Credit (including the management platform and all funds/portfolios) at an undisclosed transaction value. The transaction is subject to regulatory and antitrust approvals and is expected to complete in the fourth quarter of 2020. From completion the enlarged group will have approximately €7 billion of assets under management.
- Advised Generation Investment Management in connection with its Generation IM Climate Solutions Fund II (US$ 500 million) and Generation IM Sustainable Solutions Fund III (US$1 billion).
- Advised Sole Shipping on the establishment of Sole Shipping Special Opportunities Fund II (US$ 200 million) and Sole Shipping Special Opportunities Fund III (target $275 million).
- Advised Equistone in relation to the establishment of Equistone Partners Europe Fund VI (€2.8 billion).
- Advised AEW in connection with its European value-add real estate fund (US$500 million target).
- Advised Apax Global Alpha, Apax Partners' debut fund listing, on its IPO and London premium listing.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Manchester (Law with Politics BA) 2010
- University of Law (Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice) 2013
- Joined Clifford Chance 2013
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England & Wales 2015
- Associate since 2015