* Clifford Chance Asia is a Formal Law Alliance in Singapore between Clifford Chance Pte Ltd and Cavenagh Law LLP
Matthew Brown is a senior associate in our Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice in Singapore. He specialises in international arbitration and has represented clients in proceedings under the SIAC, ICC, LCIA and ICSID arbitration rules.
Matthew has advised on all aspects of the arbitral process, from emergency arbitrator appointments through to enforcement of awards.
Matthew is admitted in England and Wales.
- Advising PNGSDP on its ICSID based arbitration vs. State of Papua New Guinea.
- Advising Churchill Mining and its subsidiary Planet Mining in two parallel ICSID arbitrations in relation to the (alleged) revocation of mining licences to exploit a thermal coal deposit in the East Kutai Regency of Kalimantan.
- Advising a major financial institution in SIAC arbitration proceedings arising out of a shareholder agreement relating to a multi-million dollar equity investment in an Indian media company.
- Advising an oil and gas company in ICC arbitration proceedings in a dispute arising out of the allocation of joint venture costs.
Treaty protection for Indian investments abroad: The Changed Landscape
29 May 2019
India Arbitration Round-up: March 2019
13 March 2019
India Arbitration Round-Up: 2018 So Far
13 August 2018
Singapore Contentious Commentary
25 July 2018
Belt and Road: Dispute Resolution from a Chinese Perspective
20 June 2018
Career and qualifications
- Emmanuel College, Cambridge (BA Hons, Modern Languages) 2005
- College of Law, London (LLB) 2008
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance 2010