* Clifford Chance Asia is a Formal Law Alliance in Singapore between Clifford Chance Pte Ltd and Cavenagh Law LLP
Lijun Chui specialises in commercial dispute resolution and contentious regulatory and investigation matters. She handles a broad range of complex commercial litigation and arbitration and has experience in international and domestic arbitrations involving the construction, shipping, oil and gas and banking sectors.
Lijun also advises financial institutions and major corporations on various regulatory issues including market misconduct, competition and corruption legislation. She is also part of the firm's global Tech Group covering cyber-security, e-commerce, personal data protection, intellectual property and Fintech for the Singapore disputes practice.
- Representing an oil field operator in a multi-million ICC arbitration against joint venture partners pursuant to a Joint Operating Agreement. Successfully obtained an award in favour of the operator.
- Representing a claimant in two related sets of UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings conducted in London arising from a dispute relating to the transportation of natural gas between a Singapore entity and several foreign entities. Successfully obtained a declaration in favour of the claimant.
- Leading various investigations for investment banks into employee misconduct (involving rate-fixing, market misconduct, cybercrime and fraud) and advising on subsequent notifications to the relevant authorities and disciplinary proceedings.
- Advising a global bank on discovery of employee fraud including subsequent notifications to the relevant authorities and related applications to trace funds.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- National University of Singapore (LL.B.) 2004
- Admitted as a solicitor in Singapore 2005
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2008
- Joined Clifford Chance 2011
- Law Society of Singapore
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Singapore Academy of Law