* Clifford Chance Asia is a Formal Law Alliance in Singapore between Clifford Chance Pte Ltd and Cavenagh Law LLP
Jordan Tan is Counsel of our Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice. He served as a Justices' Law Clerk and Assistant Registrar of the Supreme Court of Singapore, where he led the judgments editorial team and was Head of the Court of Appeal Section in the Supreme Court Registry.
Jordan has experience in complex commercial disputes both as a judicial officer and as a practitioner before all court levels.
- acting as lead counsel in a Singapore High Court action, successfully defending against a claim of more than SG$3 million brought by the Singapore Institute of Commerce against its former directors
- acting as lead counsel in a Singapore High Court action in a dispute over testamentary assets valued at approximately SG$100 million
- acting for the majority shareholders in a Singapore High Court action in defending against a claim for minority oppression in relation to a company with assets in excess of SG$100 million
- acting in Singapore court proceedings in a dispute over control of a Singapore company with assets valued at over US$1 billion
- appointed as amicus curiae to a three-Judge High Court led by the Honourable Chief Justice Sundaresh Menon to submit on the issue of judicial mercy
Cryptoasset enforcement – Where are we at the end of 2018? What to expect in 2019?
13 December 2018
Singapore's Choice of Court Agreements Act 2016: A Network of International Commercial Courts as an Alternative to International Arbitration
13 June 2016
Career and qualifications
- National University of Singapore (LLB) 2008
- Joined Singapore Legal Service 2008
- Joined Clifford Chance Asia 2014
Awards and citations
- Jordan won the Singapore Academy of Law Prize and the Adrian Clarke Memorial Medal for being the best student in the final year examination