* Clifford Chance Asia is a Formal Law Alliance in Singapore between Clifford Chance Pte Ltd and Cavenagh Law LLP
Joan Lim-Casanova specialises in contentious work and dispute resolution, with an emphasis on commercial litigation and arbitration.
She appears regularly in the Singapore Courts as counsel on several complex high value cross-jurisdictional disputes involving claims such as breach of contracts, breach of trust and fraud with disputed assets in the range of US$10-600 million. Joan has also acted and advised on ICC, ICSID and ad-hoc arbitrations in claims ranging from US$9 million to 1 billion.
- Defending a Singapore incorporated company against allegations from a foreign government regarding breach of agreement / trust and to safeguard assets worth US$1.4 billion.
- Acting in a complex on-going claim for alleged breach of trust over disputed assets worth several hundreds of millions.
- Acted for an oil and gas exploration company to dispute the jurisdiction of an arbitral tribunal to adjudicate a US$30million dispute between the parties arising from a time-charter party agreement.
- Acting for various international companies in arbitrations involving issues such as breach of a sale and purchase agreement, assessment of damages, etc.
Major Changes to the Singapore Employment Act - Extended Coverage to include Professionals, Managers and Executives
17 October 2018
Memorandum of guidance improves enforcement prospects for money judgements between Singapore and China
3 October 2018
Singapore Court of Appeal sends stern warning to in-house counsel on their discovery obligations
29 May 2013
Career and qualifications
- National University of Singapore (LL.B) 2006
- Admitted as a solicitor in Singapore 2007
- Lawyer in Drew & Napier LLC 2007 – 2012
- In-house counsel in Aon 2011
- Joined Clifford Chance Asia 2012
- Member, Law Society of Singapore