Andrew Robinson is an English qualified lawyer focusing on cross-border joint ventures, M&A and strategic collaborations. He has been working in Russia for over a decade and regularly advises blue-chip corporations and financial investors on their most significant Russian partnerships, investments and exits. His sector experience also includes healthcare, banking, TMT, oil and gas and retail. Andrew is recognized as a 'Rising Star' for M&A in Russia by the IFLR.
- Advising Pfizer on its investment into, and collaboration with, the Russian pharmaceutical company NovaMedica (recognised as "deal of the year" at the "Platinum Ounce" Russian pharmaceutical industry awards)
- Advising Media-Markt Saturn on its EUR258 million acquisition of a 15% stake in Russian consumer electronics group M.video and the related sale of Media-Markt Saturn’s Russian business to M.video
- Advising Royal Bank of Scotland on the sale of its Russian banking subsidiary to Expobank (recognised by the EMEA Finance Magazine as the Best M&A Deal of the Year)
- Advising EBRD on the sale of its 7.47% stake in Lenta to Severgroup for approximately US$130 million
- Advising BNPP PF on the sale of its 20.8% stake in Cetelem Bank to Sberbank of Russia
- Advising on various venture capital and private equity investments, including investments into Yandex, Gett, Vkusvill, Azbuka Vksusa, Rostelecom and a number of tech-based start-ups
- Advising a number of leading NOCs, IOCs and energy traders on Russian acquisitions and joint ventures.
View all news and client work featuring Andrew Robinson