Tomasz Derda has extensive experience in advising on general corporate matters, including restructurings, reorganisations, M&A transactions and due diligences of companies.
Tomasz focuses particularly on consumer goods and retail, energy & infrastructure, transport & logistics, as well as the private equity sector.
Clifford Chance advised Hoist Finance on its acquisition of NPL from Getback
29 April 2019
Clifford Chance advises Bank Millennium on the acquisition of Euro Bank from Societe Generale
5 November 2018
Career and qualifications
- University of Warsaw, Law and Administration Faculty 2000
- University of Warsaw, Management Faculty 2003
- University of Warsaw, Cours d'Introduction au Droit Français et Européen 2003
- Joined Clifford Chance 2005
- Admitted as a legal adviser (radca prawny) in Poland 2007
- Member of the Warsaw Council for Legal Advisors
Awards and citations
- Tomasz Derda advises on transactional mandates across a number of different sectors, including private equity, healthcare and insurance. He is characterised by sources as a "sound and hard-working" practitioner.
Chambers Global 2019, Corporate/M&A - Poland
- Counsel Tomasz Derda advises on transactions as well as company restructurings with a focus on retail, transport, energy and private equity sectors. Clients describe him as "proactive" and "keen to get the deal done."
Chambers Global 2018, Corporate /M&A - Poland
- Counsel Tomasz Derda advises on transactions as well as restructurings and reorganisations. "He is enormously diligent and hard-working. He knows the M&A deals he is involved with every single detail. I have absolute trust that he will pick up every nuance," a client reports.
Chambers Europe 2017
- Counsel Tomasz Derda focuses on transactions and corporate advice, assisting clients in the consumer goods and retail sectors. Clients say he is "extremely diligent and committed."
Chambers Europe 2016
- Tomasz Derda "quickly understands the problem and gives clear explanations; I don't have to ask additional questions," says an interviewee, adding: "It is a pleasure working with him."
Chamber Europe 2015
- Tomasz Derda is a skilful practitioner who acts on the firm's major transactions.
Chambers Europe 2014