Tomasz Derda has extensive experience in advising on general corporate matters, including restructurings, reorganisations, M&A transactions and due diligences of companies.
Tomasz focuses particularly on consumer goods and retail, energy & infrastructure, transport & logistics, as well as the private equity sector.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Warsaw, Law and Administration Faculty 2000
- University of Warsaw, Management Faculty 2003
- University of Warsaw, Cours d'Introduction au Droit Français et Européen 2003
- Joined Clifford Chance 2005
- Admitted as a legal adviser (radca prawny) in Poland 2007
- Member of the Warsaw Bar Association (OIRP w Warszawie)
Awards and citations
- Tomasz Derda regularly assists clients from financial services with sales and disposals.
Chambers Global 2022: Corporate/M&A: High-end Capability – Poland
- Tomasz Derda frequently assists clients from financial services with sales and acquisitions, in addition to cross-border work.
Chambers Europe 2021: Corporate/M&A - Poland
- Tomasz Derda represents banks as well as corporate entities in acquisitions and sales, including cross-border matters. A client describes him as "very engaged and very hard-working," adding that "through the night he was able to prepare documents for the next morning."
Chambers Europe 2020: Corporate/M&A – Poland
- Tomasz Derda advises on transactional mandates across a number of different sectors, including private equity, healthcare and insurance. He is characterised by sources as a "sound and hard-working" practitioner.
Chambers Global 2019, Corporate/M&A - Poland
- Counsel Tomasz Derda advises on transactions as well as company restructurings with a focus on retail, transport, energy and private equity sectors. Clients describe him as "proactive" and "keen to get the deal done."
Chambers Global 2018, Corporate /M&A - Poland