Rafal Zakrzewski specialises in English corporate and commercial law and has extensive experience of multi-jurisdictional transactions.
Rafal advises lenders and borrowers on cross-border and domestic corporate finance transactions, particularly as regards syndicated lending, project finance, acquisition finance and real estate finance.
Rafal has significant experience of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and key English law governed commercial agreements in various industry sectors.
Rafal teaches English law at Cambridge University as an Affiliated Lecturer. He has published extensively on commercial contract law, and his work has been cited by English courts. He honed his legal drafting skills at the Parliamentary Counsel Office in London preparing UK legislation.
Rafal is a native English language speaker raised in Australia.
- University of Queensland, Australia, Bachelor of Laws 1996
- Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Brisbane 1997
- University of Oxford, doctorate (DPhil) in Law 2003
- Clifford Chance, London 2003
- Parliamentary Counsel Office, London 2004
- Joined Clifford Chance Warsaw 2006
- Fellow St Hugh's College (University of Oxford) 2011
- Joined University of Cambridge 2012
- Speaks English and Polish
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, Australia 1999
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales 2003
- Registered as a foreign (EU) lawyer with the Regional Chamber of Legal Advisors in Warsaw 2003
- UK-qualified Rafał Zakrzewski brings expertise in English law to the department. He acts for lenders and borrowers on a wide array of cross-border finance transactions.
Chambers Global 2017
- UK-qualified Rafał Zakrzewski is based in Poland and assists with the English law issues in cross-border corporate finance transactions, advising both lenders and borrowers.
Chambers Global 2016, Poland, Banking and Finance Foreign Expert for UK
- Rafał Zakrzewski is based largely in Warsaw although he also frequently travels to the UK. He advises on cross-border financing transactions. One peer says: "His legal analysis is one of the best in the market."
Chambers Global 2016, UK, Banking and Finance Foreign Expert Based in Poland
- Rafal Zakrzewski is a native Polish speaker who is qualified in both Polish and English law. He focuses on debt finance and also has particular knowledge of English commercial contract law. One client describes him as "a great asset for the firm" and highlights his "excellent understanding of Poland-specific deal circumstances."
Chambers Global 2015, UK, Banking & Finance Foreign Expert Based in Poland
- Rafal Zakrzewski is recognised for his UK expertise. He specialises in corporate finance and advises on both domestic and cross-border transactions.
Chambers Global 2014, Poland, Banking & Finance Foreign Expert for UK
- Corporate finance practitioner Rafal Zakrzewski speaks Polish and English and regularly advises on complex cross-border transactions, with a particular focus on debt.
Chambers Global 2014, UK, Banking & Finance Foreign Expert Based in Poland
Publikacja polskiej adaptacji wzoru umowy kredytowej LMA
21 November 2016
Launch of polish transposition of LMA facility agreement
21 November 2016