Dr hab. Piotr Bogdanowicz focuses on public procurement and State aid.
Piotr is an Associate Professor at the University of Warsaw Faculty of Law and Administration, where he lectures on EU law, including EU public procurement law, and is also a lecturer at the Warsaw School of Economics, where he lectures on State aid issues.
He has published articles in several leading public procurement journals, including "Public Procurement Law Review" and "European Procurement & Public Private Partnership Law Review". Piotr is the co-founder of the Public Procurement Law Association.
Clifford Chance advised on the 2019 Deal of the Year in Poland according to CEE Legal Matters
3 April 2020
Clifford Chance advised on largest public and private M&A transactions in Poland in 2019
14 February 2020
Clifford Chance advises Macquarie on its exit from DCT GDANSK
19 March 2019
Career and qualifications
- Joined Clifford Chance 2006
- Warsaw University, Faculty of Law and Administration 2007
- Warsaw University, Faculty of Law and Administration – PhD in EU law 2010
- Admitted as a legal adviser (radca prawny) in Poland 2010
- Habilitation at the Warsaw University 2019
- Member of the Warsaw Council for Legal Advisers
- Member of the Polish Society of European Law
- Member of the European Procurement Law Group
- Board member of the Public Procurement Law Association
- Board member of the Polish Research Centre for Law and Economy of China
Awards and citations
- Piotr Bogdanowicz moves up the rankings this year following a raft of praise from market sources. He advises clients on Polish and European public procurement matters. He is also noted for his academic background.
Chambers Europe 2019, Public Procurement - Poland
- Star associate Piotr Bogdanowicz is valued for his expert understanding of EU law. Interviewees praise his "perfect combination of knowledge with practice," also commending his "reliability and brilliant negotiation skills."
- Chambers Europe 2018
- Piotr Bogdanowicz joins the rankings this year on the strength of feedback from market sources who acknowledge his public procurement expertise. Impressed clients emphasise his "extensive knowledge and eloquence." He also has particular experience in EU law.
Chambers Europe 2017