Dr hab. Piotr Bogdanowicz focuses on public procurement and State aid.
Piotr is an Associate Professor at the University of Warsaw Faculty of Law and Administration, where he lectures on EU law, including EU public procurement law.
He an author of several books and articles in leading journals, including "Common market Law Review", "Public Procurement Law Review" and "European Procurement & Public Private Partnership Law Review". Piotr is the co-founder of the Public Procurement Law Association.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Joined Clifford Chance 2006
- Warsaw University, Faculty of Law and Administration 2007
- Warsaw University, Faculty of Law and Administration – PhD in EU law 2010
- Admitted as a legal adviser (radca prawny) in Poland 2010
- Habilitation at the Warsaw University 2019
- Member of the Warsaw Council for Legal Advisers
- Member of the Polish Society of European Law
- Member of the European Procurement Law Group
- Board member of the Public Procurement Law Association
- Board member of the Polish Research Centre for Law and Economy of China
Awards and citations
- Piotr Bogdanowicz is a reputed practitioner also noted among peers for his academic work. He regularly acts for bidders in contracting proceedings and is similarly capable in appellate cases.
Chambers Europe 2020: Public Procurement – Poland
- Piotr Bogdanowicz moves up the rankings this year following a raft of praise from market sources. He advises clients on Polish and European public procurement matters. He is also noted for his academic background.
Chambers Europe 2019, Public Procurement - Poland
- Star associate Piotr Bogdanowicz is valued for his expert understanding of EU law. Interviewees praise his "perfect combination of knowledge with practice," also commending his "reliability and brilliant negotiation skills."
- Chambers Europe 2018