Paweł Puacz is a legal adviser and heads the Energy and Resources Group at Clifford Chance Warsaw. He specialises in the field of energy law, environmental protection law and corporate law.
Paweł has advised Polish and foreign companies from the conventional and renewable energy sectors, the heating sector, the oil and gas sector and the energy-intensive industry sector for many years. He focuses on regulatory issues, M&A, project financing and agreements related to trading in energy and gas.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Adam Mickiewicz University (LLM) 2007
- Joined Clifford Chance 2007
- Admitted as a legal adviser (radca prawny) in Poland 2011
- Member of the Poznań Bar of Legal Advisers
- Represents Clifford Chance as a member of CEEP (Central Europe Energy Partners)
Awards and citations
- Paweł Puacz focuses on transactions in the energy sector, particularly in the renewables sector, including wind and solar projects. He also assists with the regulatory and trading aspects. He advises both domestic and international energy companies.
Chambers Europe 2020: Energy & Natural Resources – Poland
- Paweł Puacz is respected as a counsel on both transactional and regulatory matters in the energy market, winning high praise from interviewees for his dedication to client interests. One source remarks: "It didn't matter when I was calling, he was always there to answer my questions." He is also an active practitioner in the arbitration field and a respected negotiator.
Chambers Europe 2019, Energy & Natural Resources - Poland
- Paweł Puacz is an experienced practitioner in environmental law. He provides his clients with in-depth analyses of Polish and EU regulations regarding permit applications, environmental impact assessments and the recent legislative and regulatory changes in the water law sector.
Chambers Europe 2019, Environment - Poland