Grzegorz Abram is a Polish advocate heading up the Warsaw Debt Capital Markets Group. He specialises in negotiating legal documentation for issues of securities.
Grzegorz has advised on various types of bond issues, including a number of Eurobond programmes (on the issuers' and arrangers' sides) and multiple high-yield structures as well as domestic bond issues placed as private or public offerings. His experience covers also issues of State Treasury instruments, subordinated bonds (to be included in Tier 2 funds), retail bond offerings and revenue bond programmes. Grzegorz has been involved in projects concerning structured bonds linked to indices, commodities and investment funds.
News and client work
- Grzegorz Abram is the author of "Documentary Letter of Credit and Standby Letter of Credit. Use and Prospects for Development in Poland and Abroad "/ name of Publisher : Difin, year of publication: 2006 and ISBN number: 83-7251-608-1
- Clifford Chance, Warsaw
- Email me
- Save my Vcard
- Speaks Polish and English
- Practice area Banking & finance
- Sector Aerospace & defence, Automotive, Banks, Capital goods, Chemicals, Funds & investment management, Materials, Mining & metals, Oil & gas, Power & energy networks, Private equity, Real estate, Sovereign wealth, Sports
Career and qualifications
- University of Warsaw - University of Cambridge (Centre of British and European Law Studies) 2003
- University of Warsaw (LLM) 2004
- Joined Clifford Chance 2004
- Admitted as an advocate (adwokat) in Poland 2011
- Member of The Warsaw Bar Association
Awards and citations
- Grzegorz Abram is a DCM specialist, where he regularly handles placements of hybrid bonds, Eurobonds and revenue bonds. He acted for Energa on its EUR300 million issuance of Eurobonds.
Chambers Global 2019, Capital Markets: Debt - Poland
- Counsel Grzegorz Abram rises in the rankings as a result of his active involvement in key transactions and positive comments from market commentators. One source describes him as "very co-operative, helpful and highly client-oriented." He recently advised PKN Orlen on the issuance of EUR750 million in Eurobonds.
Chambers Global 2018, Capital Markets Debt- Poland
- Counsel Grzegorz Abram has extensive experience of securities and regularly assists clients with a wide range of bond issues ranging from EMTN Eurobonds to revenue bonds.
Chambers Europe 2017
- Counsel Grzegorz Abram receives warm praise from clients, who say: "He is highly dedicated, flexible and he understands and responds to our needs." His focus is debt capital markets, including Eurobonds and structured bonds.
Chambers Europe 2016
- Associate-to-watch Grzegorz Abram focuses on DCM matters and impresses clients and peers with his intellect and dedication. "He is a good thinker and a good lawyer," comments one source. Another interviewee adds: "He ran the process by himself and found solutions."
Chamber Europe 2015
- Associate to watch Grzegorz Abram is noted for his work in debt capital markets, and is widely recognised among peers as a young and talented lawyer.
Chambers Europe 2014