Grzegorz Abram is a Polish advocate heading up the Warsaw Debt Capital Markets Group. He specialises in negotiating legal documentation for issues of securities.
Grzegorz has advised on various types of bond issues, including a number of Eurobond programmes (on the issuers' and arrangers' sides) and multiple high-yield structures as well as domestic bond issues placed as private or public offerings. His experience covers also issues of State Treasury instruments, subordinated bonds (to be included in Tier 2 funds), retail bond offerings and revenue bond programmes. Grzegorz has been involved in projects concerning structured bonds linked to indices, commodities and investment funds.
Clifford Chance advised on the bond issue program of LPP S.A.
16 January 2020
Clifford Chance advised mBank Hipoteczny on its issuance of mortgage bonds
16 December 2019
- Grzegorz Abram is the author of "Documentary Letter of Credit and Standby Letter of Credit. Use and Prospects for Development in Poland and Abroad "/ name of Publisher : Difin, year of publication: 2006 and ISBN number: 83-7251-608-1
Poland creates senior non-preferred debt
15 February 2019
Polska wprowadza podrzędny dług uprzywilejowany (tzw. senior non-preferred debt)
15 February 2019
New method of taxation of eurobond issues
17 October 2018
Nowy sposób opodatkowania emisji euroobligacji
27 September 2018
Issuance of hybrid debt instruments and so-called contingent convertible bonds (CoCo)
17 August 2016
- Clifford Chance, Warsaw
- Email me
- Save my Vcard
- Speaks Polish and English
- Practice area Banking & finance
- Sector Aerospace & defence , Automotive , Banks , Capital goods , Chemicals , Funds & investment management , Materials , Mining & metals , Oil & gas , Power & energy networks , Private equity , Real estate , Sovereign wealth , Sports
Career and qualifications
- University of Warsaw - University of Cambridge (Centre of British and European Law Studies) 2003
- University of Warsaw (LLM) 2004
- Joined Clifford Chance 2004
- Admitted as an advocate (adwokat) in Poland 2011
- Member of The Warsaw Bar Association
Awards and citations
- Grzegorz Abram is a DCM specialist, where he regularly handles placements of hybrid bonds, Eurobonds and revenue bonds. He acted for Energa on its EUR300 million issuance of Eurobonds.
Chambers Global 2019, Capital Markets: Debt - Poland
- Counsel Grzegorz Abram rises in the rankings as a result of his active involvement in key transactions and positive comments from market commentators. One source describes him as "very co-operative, helpful and highly client-oriented." He recently advised PKN Orlen on the issuance of EUR750 million in Eurobonds.
Chambers Global 2018, Capital Markets Debt- Poland
- Counsel Grzegorz Abram has extensive experience of securities and regularly assists clients with a wide range of bond issues ranging from EMTN Eurobonds to revenue bonds.
Chambers Europe 2017
- Counsel Grzegorz Abram receives warm praise from clients, who say: "He is highly dedicated, flexible and he understands and responds to our needs." His focus is debt capital markets, including Eurobonds and structured bonds.
Chambers Europe 2016
- Associate-to-watch Grzegorz Abram focuses on DCM matters and impresses clients and peers with his intellect and dedication. "He is a good thinker and a good lawyer," comments one source. Another interviewee adds: "He ran the process by himself and found solutions."
Chamber Europe 2015
- Associate to watch Grzegorz Abram is noted for his work in debt capital markets, and is widely recognised among peers as a young and talented lawyer.
Chambers Europe 2014